Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sen no Kiseki Chapter 1 (Part 4)


Note: Only covers the main scenario. Finally about to head to Celdic XD Tsundere Alisa is cute <3

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In front of the 3rd Student Dormitory.

Rean: (The sun's already going down. If I return to the dormitory, I won't be able to go out again.)

Option 1: I still have things to do.
Option 2: Enter the dormitory and return to room.

Night. Inside Rean's room. Rean is practicing his sword technique.

Rean: ......... -- Phew. Not bad... but as expected, this is all I'm capable of. Even though I received training in the Beginner's level, I don't think I'm all that great... guess I should preview for next class. There's also the Practical Test coming up, looks like this week's quite busy. Oh right....there's that thing I received from President Georges.

Rean places the Orbal Radio on top of his shelf.

Rean: <<Orbal Radio>>.... there was one back home. But I didn't think that they'd come out with such a small type. Um....? The frequency of <<Trista Broadcast>> is.... I guess this should do it?

Radio Personality: To all listeners, good evening~. Reporting from <<Trista Broadcast>> in the outskirts of the Imperial City. It is now 9 PM. Starting from this week, there will be a new talk program every Sunday at this hour. The name of the program is <<Advent Time>> -- "evening time". The name is a bit typical, but simplicity and a solid foundation are both important things in doing anything. I, <<Misty>>, am honored to be your host for the program~ We have plans to invite special guests as well, so please look forward to it~

Rean: Ohh.. what a nice voice. Shouldn't be a problem just leaving the radio on like this.

Rean sits down to study at his desk while the radio plays in the background....

Misty's Voice: -- Well then well then. We're already halfway through April, how is everyone doing? Here in Trista, the sweet Lhino flowers have already passed their blooming season and begun to scatter. However, that elegant and fleeting moment when the flowers scatter into the wind is also a special sight to see~ For those who have begun a new life in the spring, life is probably keeping you busy. But how about looking out your window from time to time and enjoying the scenery~? I think it'll make a good breather~

---

S. 1204 April 21st Wednesday.
Practical Test.

Thors Military Academy. School Ground.

Instructor Sara: Well then, like I previously announced, let's begin the <<Practical Test>>. Before we start, you should know that this test does not simply test your combat ability. It's to see if you are capable of taking the "appropriate action depending on the situation". This means that without some planning, even if you down the opponent within a short time, you'll get a low evaluation score.
Jusis: Hmph.... interesting.
Alisa: ... So winning through sheer strength alone won't equal a high score.
Instructor Sara: Hehe-- well then let's start the <<Practical Test>> for the month of April. Rean, Eliot, and Gaius, you guys first. Step forward.
Rean: Yes...!
Eliot: A, all of a sudden?
Gaius: Understood.

Before the Practical Test, please make your preparations. Your Camp Menu will be opened so you may change your setup or save.

Instructor Sara: Hehe, good. Well then, shall I call it out right away?

Sara snaps her fingers. A strange floating puppet-looking thing instantly appears in front of Class VII.

Everyone: !!
Rean: This is...!?
Eliot: M, monster!?
Gaius: No.... I don't feel its life force!
Instructor Sara: Yes, that one is made. Something close to a "Moving Scarecrow". I turned up its combat settings quite high but it's definitely not an opponent you can't win. For example-- like if you make good use of the ARCUS' Tactical Link.
Eliot: Ah....
Rean: Is that your aim....!
Instructor Sara: -- Well then, BEGIN!

After winning the battle.

Gaius: ....Alright.
Eliot: S, somehow we won...
Instructor Sara: *claps* ♪♪ Yup yup, that wasn't bad. And you guys were able to use the Tactical Link. Looks like the battle experience from investigation of the Old School Building became useful?
Rean: Haha... that's probably the case.
Laura: Oh..?
Machias: Uh.. when did you guys do training like that....
Instructor Sara: --Okay, next! Laura, Emma, and Jusis. Step forward!

Time passes.....

Machias: *pants* Haa haa.....
Alisa: It was a harder fight than I thought...
Emma: As expected, looks like <<Tactical Link>> is the key....
Jusis: Tsk, so troublesome.
Laura: ... --but Instructor Sara. What was that puppet-looking thing just now?
Alisa: N, now that you mention it...!
Fie: Machine...? Don't think I've seen it before.
Instructor Sara: Hmm, it's something forced upon me. I don't really want to use it but since there are lots of setting options, it's quite convenient. But well, it was useful for the Test, so I guess everything turned out alright ❤
Rean: (Seems like there are various circumstances, but she's not planning to tell...)
Instructor Sara: --Well then. This concludes the <<Practical Test>>. As I said a few days ago, there's something important I need to announce. It's about the special curriculum specific to <<Class VII>>.
Everyone: !! ...........
Instructor Sara: Hehe, as expected, it's been on everyone's mind. Well then let me explain. The special curriculum assigned to you guys.... that is, the <<Special Field Training>>!
Everyone: .........?
Emma: S, <<Special Field Training>>......?
Machias: ...Why is it that I'm only getting a bad feeling about this...
Instructor Sara: I'll have you guys separate into Team A and Team B, and each will head towards their predetermined field training location.  For the duration of the time at the site, each team is to complete the tasks prepared for them. Won't you say it's certainly a special kind of field training~? ♪
Eliot: We just entered the academy and now all of a sudden you want us to go somewhere else...?
Rean: ...From the sound of it, Instructor won't be coming along with us?
Instructor Sara: Of course, it won't be called training if I follow along. The lion throws its cubs down an abysmal valley, they say~
Alisa: Sigh....
Laura: Hm, if it makes for training, rather it's what I wish for...
Jusis: --Instructor Valestin. Just when and where are you telling us to go?
Instructor Sara: Okay, let's continue with the explanation. Like I mentioned before, I'll have you guys separate into Team A and B. Here, each of you take one.
Everyone: ..........

The paper handed out by Sara reads as follow.....

[April Special Field Training]
Team A: Rean, Alisa, Laura, Eliot
(Destination: Trades Town Celdic)
Team B: Emma, Machias, Jusis, Fie, Gaius
(Destination: Weaving Town Palm)

Rean: Eh--
Alisa: EHH.....!?
Laura: Ohh.. this is some interesting team division.
Gaius: Celdic and Palm... are both towns of the Empire?
Eliot: Y, yeah.  Celdic is a place located in the east thriving in commerce.
Emma: And Palm is located in the southern parts of the Empire famous for its spinning and weaving...
Fie: ... It's that place. How bothersome.
Machias: The location doesn't matter, what's with these Team B members...!?
Jusis: ....I can't believe this.
Instructor Sara: --The time is this weekend. Field training duration will be around two days. Both Team A and B will use the railway to go to their destinations. Until then, all of you make your preparations and rest up well so you can bring your best--!

---

S. 1204 April 24th Saturday
Special Field Training Day

Day of the Field Training   6:40 AM

Inside the 3rd Student Dormitory. First floor near the entrance stands Rean.

Rean: ....Sigh.... (In the end, it came this far without me being able to apologize.)

Rean thinks back to the time he had that accident with Alisa.

Rean: (During the field training, we'll be seeing each other all the time. She's probably feeling awkward too... I really want to do something about this...)
Girl's Voice: --Ah.

Rean turns around to find Alisa.

Rean: !! M, morning, Alisa.
Alisa: ...M, morning.
Rean and Alisa: .........
Rean: Um.. you're early. Even though there's still around 20 minutes till our meetup time.
Alisa: Y, you're one to talk.....Um... when did you wake up?
Rean: Oh... I think around 5 o'clock. I always wake up around that time though.
Alisa: I, is that right? Club's morning training or... but I remember you haven't joined any club yet right?
Rean: (She knew...) Oh no, I guess you can say it's sort of like a personal habit... You're doing lacrosse right? You have things like morning training?
Alisa: Y, yeah. But it looks like it's only twice a week.
Rean and Alisa: ...........

Rean and Alisa simultaneously apologize. 

Rean: Sorry!
Alisa: I'm sorry!

Both are simultaneously taken aback.

Rean: W, why do you apologize?
Alisa: W, why are you apologizing?

Rean: Haha....
Alisa: Hehe... we get along in a strange way. How should I say this... I'm really sorry. Even though I knew from the beginning that was just a coincidence... I sort of lost my head and even ended up slapping you... Moreover, you were just trying to save me right?
Rean: No, don't be concerned about it. There were actually safety measures to that floor mechanism so that we wouldn't get hurt. It was a situation that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't worried needlessly.
Alisa: B, but you wouldn't have known that back then.... and so as expected, it was all just me being unreasonable. And also, thank you for trying to save me.

Alisa extends her hand for a handshake.

Rean: But...yeah.  You're welcome.

Rean shakes her hand.

Rean: Haha....
Alisa: Hehe...
Rean: -- Sorry. I'm quite clumsy when it comes to these kind of things. My little sister occasionally gives me an earful for that.
Alisa: Oh, you have a little sister? But, I think that too should be my line. This past half month, I tried to find an opportunity to talk to you.  But I always get awkward and end up avoiding you....
Rean: Haha.... I see. Oh, but didn't you try to help me during history class last week?
Alisa: S, so you noticed. That's um, I thought maybe that it would create a chance for us to talk again... But well, you answered it correctly so there wasn't a need...
Rean: No, I'm grateful just for the thought.
Alisa: R, really...?

Alisa has a sudden realization.

Alisa: ! P, putting that aside! I admit that you are not at fault, but understand "this" and "that" are two different things okay!?
Rean: Eh--- um, what are you talking about?
Alisa: L, like I said, "that"! Ahh geez, you understand don't you!?
Rean: ? Um, you're talking about the time we fell down the hole in the Old School Building right?
Alisa: Yeah, when I pressed down on your face with my chest-- !! A, anyway! You're forbidden from recalling it!  DO . I . MAKE . MYSELF . CLEAR!?
Rean: Ah, yeah... okay. (I feel like it's harder to forget when you emphasize it so much.)

Boy's Voice: Eh?
Rean and Alisa: !

Alisa: Ah...
Rean: Oh.... morning you two.
Laura: Morning. Today feels nice.
Eliot: Ehehe, you two are early. But isn't this great? You guys finally made up right?
Alisa: T, that's...
Rean: Haha... well, thanks to you all.
Laura: Hehe, that's good. To tell the truth, it was hard for me to watch you two this past half month. Especially since it looks like Alisa has finally gotten her wish of apologizing--
Alisa: Wah-- Wah--! I'm saying this just to be clear! I just think it's not good for classmates to be on constant bad terms with each other! No mistakes about that right!?
Eliot: Yes yes. *all smiles*
Laura: Hm, I think it's rather good that you guys get along....
Rean: Haha... -- Since we're all here, let's go.  There's still time left before the train arrives so maybe we can stop by some stores.
Alisa: Ahem.. you're right. I also hear the school is open from early in the morning.
Eliot: Then that means we can stop by the Tech Club or the school store to adjust our equipment.
Laura: Well then, shall we go?

< to be continued >

No comments:

Post a Comment