Friday, February 14, 2014

Sen no Kiseki Chapter 1 (Part 3)


Note: After much consideration, I decided to include translations for the mandatory quests since they're mostly crucial to the main scenario. By the way, I won't be doing the individual Bond Events. Well, maybe later in one big post if I even get that far, but only for certain characters.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>> Chapter 1: New Semester ~First Field Training~ >>>

Afterwards, Rean headed straight back to the dormitory.  After resting for a bit in his room, he walked around the dormitory.

Rean: (Well then... the President left everyone's Student Notebooks in my care.  Tomorrow is Free Activity Day so I should probably hand them out within today.)

You can walk around the dormitory the night before Free Activity Day. Once you return to Rean's room, the main story progresses.

Inside Room 202.

Eliot: Hey Rean. What brings you here at this hour?
Rean: Ah, President Towa entrusted me with these Student Notebooks. Um, this one is Eliot's.

Rean hands the Student Notebook over to him.

Eliot: Wah, thanks.
Rean: But Eliot, were you playing your violin?
Eliot: Yeah, but it's nighttime so I'm just mimicking playing. There's no club activity tomorrow so I want to touch my instrument even if just for a while longer.
Rean: Wow, you're really into it. You say it's just a hobby but you're pretty engrossed in it.  Looking closely, your room's full of music-related things.
Eliot: Ahaha...this is nothing. But hmm... if only this dormitory had better sound-proof insulation, I'd be able to play even in the dead of night.
Rean: Umm, it's great that you're so enthusiastic....

In front of Room 203.

Rean: This is... Jusis' room. *knocks*
Jusis: --Who is it.
Rean: It's Rean. I've been entrusted with the Student Notebooks.
Jusis: ...Is that so.

Rean hands the Student Notebook over to him.

Jusis: ....Thanks.
Rean: You're welcome. By the way, what were you doing in your room?
Jusis: Just doing some reading.
Rean: Ahh what kind of book?
Jusis: Biography I borrowed from the library.... Why do I have to tell you these things?
Rean: Eh?
Jusis: Even though we live in the same dormitory, we're still just strangers... no need to pry into each other's private business.
Rean: You're right. Sorry, looks like I took up your time.
Jusis: Hmph, it's fine. Also....it's fine being a busybody, but don't overdo it. I mean if you don't want to end up being so easily used by others.
Rean: (That just now...did he just give me an advice? Although Jusis seems to be keeping his distance from everyone... but maybe he's a surprisingly caring guy by nature.)

Inside Room 204.

Gaius: Ah, it's you Rean... glad to see you.
Rean: Yeah, there's something I need to give you. Gaius' notebook... should be this one.

Rean hands the Student Notebook over to him.

Gaius: Student Notebook....then I'll receive it with gratitude. Sorry for the trouble.
Rean: No, don't worry about it. But your room is quite unique.  What's that thing hanging on the wall..?
Gaius: Ah that, it's a wall hanging I made back home. Even though I'm far away in another land, I thought it'd be nice to feel its nostalgic atmosphere.
Rean: I see... it certainly changes the atmosphere around here entirely. And it looks like you have your drawing utensils ready, are you going to be spending your day tomorrow drawing?
Gaius: The plan for now is to show my face at the Art club tomorrow. Hehe, Rean should join us as well if you're interested.
Rean: Haha, I'll think about it.

In front of Room 205.

Rean: I think this is Machias' room. *knocks*
Machias: --Oh, who is it?
Rean: It's Rean. I have something I need to give you.
Machias: Ah it's you... wait a minute.

Machias opens the door. Rean hands the Student Notebook over to him.

Machias:
Sorry for going through the trouble of giving me this.
Rean: No, don't mention it.  By the way, were you studying? Sorry for interrupting.
Machias: Ah yeah, but don't worry about it.... how did you know?
Rean: Ah, it's because the side of your hand is pitch black.
Machias: Ahem. Well, you know. You should also study diligently or else you'll gradually be left behind?
Rean: That's true... seems like the academic level of the classes is high.
Machias: Yeah, let's both work hard so we don't lose to the noble students. Well then, see you tomorrow.
Rean: ...Yeah, good night.

Third Floor. In front of Room 305.

Rean: I believe this is Fie's room. *knocks*
Fie: --Who is it?
Rean: Um, it's Rean. I have something I want to give you.
Fie: ....Okay, coming.

Rean hands the Student Notebook over to her.

Fie: Thanks.... *yawn*.....
Rean: Ah, were you perhaps sleeping? Sorry for waking you up.
Fie: ...It's okay.
Rean: Haha, but still, you're an early sleeper.  Didn't you just eat dinner?
Fie: There's nothing else to do.... so, anything else?
Rean: Ah, no... not really.
Fie: I see.

Fie heads inside her room and shuts the door.

Rean: (Sigh, she does as she please. I wonder how she ended up at this school...?)

In front of Room 304.

Rean: I think this is Class President's room. *knocks*
Emma: --Yes, who is it~?
Rean: It's Rean.  Do you have a moment?
Emma: Ah, yes. I'll open the door.

Rean hands the Student Notebook over to her.

Emma: Hehe, thank you very much. By the way Rean-san, how are you planning to spend your day tomorrow?
Rean: Oh, I'm thinking of helping out with the Student Council duties.... how about you?
Emma: I'm thinking of taking a look at the club activities... this time I plan to go around the different cultural clubs.
Rean: Club activity huh...joining one doesn't sound that bad. If you find an interesting one, let me know too.
Emma: Hehe, okay. Also.... it'll be nice if you can make peace with Alisa soon.
Rean: You're right... I'll be seeing her later.
Emma: Don't be impatient and try your best. I'm sure Alisa's just not able to sort out her feelings. It'll be fine.
Rean: Yeah, thanks. I'll try my best. Night, Class President.
Emma: Hehe, well then. Thanks a lot for the notebook.

In front of Room 303.

Rean: I believe this is Laura's room. *knocks*

No response.

Rean: ....? Um... Laura, are you there?
Laura: --Hm, is that voice Rean? Sorry, opening now.

Rean hands the Student Notebook over to her.

Laura: I've indeed received it.  Thanks.
Rean: Ah, don't mention it but... you're sweating a lot. Seem like you didn't notice when I first knocked, were you doing something?
Laura: Yeah, I was practicing swinging with a wooden sword. I was too into it that I must have missed it.
Rean: That's some incredible concentration... maybe I should practice a bit too when I get back to my room.
Laura: Hehe, you shouldn't slack on your trainings too. Spar with me sometime -- well then see you.
Rean: Good night.

In front of Room 302.

Rean: (I need to give Alisa the Student Notebook too..... Here goes....)
Alisa: -- Yes, who is it?
Rean: Um... it's Rean.
Alisa: ............! ... What do you need? Visiting a girl's room at this hour is bad manners you know.
Rean: Um, there's something that I need to give you no matter what.

Rean explains how President Towa entrusted him with the handling out of the Student Notebooks.

Alisa: Uh.....okay, I understand. Please wait a second.

Alisa opens the door.

Alisa: ...Well, hand it over quickly.
Rean: Okay, hold on a second.

Rean takes out the Student Notebook.

Rean: Should be this one. Let's see here... "Alisa Reinfor---".
Alisa: --WAH!

Alisa snatches the Student Notebook away from his hands.

Alisa: I, I can't be careless around you...!
Rean: S, sorry. There's nothing else to tell them apart. I didn't do it on purpose...
Alisa: Hmph....I wonder. --A, anyway! You're done right? Then, bye!

Alisa shuts the door.

Rean: Ah..... (Guess it can't be helped... looks like it's better to just leave it for today. Back then, she said "Alisa R"...guess there's something after that.....though it's hard to tell with just those first few letters...Why is she abbreviating-- no, hiding it?)

Returning to his own room.

Rean: (...Should I call it a day?)

If you rest in your room, the main story commences.

---

S. 1204 April 18th Sunday.
Free Activity Day.

Rean stands in front of his mailbox.

Received "Extracurricular Activities Envelope (April)".

Opening the envelope, you find the following requests:
> Old School Building Underground Investigation <Mandatory>
> Orbment Delivery <Mandatory>
> Missing Student Notebook

Rean: The Headmaster and the Tech Building....and a request from a new student. It's so sudden to receive a request from the Headmaster right from the start... will I be alright....? I'm a bit concerned about this one from the Tech Building as well... Well whatever.  I still have plenty of time so I can take care of them one by one.

Rean exits the dormitory.

Rean: Today's weather is nice. Alright, let's go!

You now get Bond Points which you can use to spend time with your classmates.  Each time you view a Bond Event, one point will be deducted.  For now, you're only given 2 Bond Points. It'll increase as the game progresses.

> QUEST: Orbment Delivery <Mandatory>

Inside the Tech Building.

Chubby Guy: Hey, thanks for coming.
Rean: You're the one beside President Towa that time...
Chubby Guy: Yeah, this is the first time we meet since the entrance ceremony. I'm 2nd Year Class III's Georges Nome. President of the Tech Club. You're Class VII's Rean-kun right? Again, nice to meet you.
Rean: Yes, nice to meet you too.
Georges: I heard from Towa already that you'll be helping out with student council work.  You've just entered the school so there will be lots of things you don't understand, but do your best.
Rean: Yes, thank you very much. So... this is the "Tech Building"? I see lots of machines and maintenance tools...
Georges: Yeah, in other words, the school's "Orbment Workshop". Handed down from previous generations of the Tech Club, we're responsible for the repair and tuning of all kinds of Orbments.
Rean: Wow... that's amazing. Then that means the repaired items mentioned in the request are also...
Georges: Yeah, you can say they're a part of what we do here in the Tech Club. Usually I'd deliver them to the clients myself.... but there's just too much work to do this month. I'm sorry but can I ask for your help?
Rean: Yes, of course. May I ask what I have to do exactly?
Georges: Okay then, let me explain ^^ Like it was mentioned in the request, I'd like you to deliver these repaired items back to their owners.  There are 3 items in total.  Deliver the first item to the Culinary Club... the item is an "Orbal Scale". Nicholas, the President of the Culinary Club, should be in the Home Economics classroom on the second floor of the Main School Building. I want you to deliver it to him directly.
Rean: Deliver the Orbal Scale to President Nicholas... okay got it.
Georges: The other two items...you'd have to make a trip to the Trista streets.
Rean: The streets of Trista.... looks like you don't only accept repair requests from within the school.
Georges: Yeah, I don't remember since when, but rumors started to spread and now we're completely relied on. Since there's no reason to refuse, we accept them as much as we can.
Rean: I see... that's why you're so busy.
Georges: Haha, I guess. So about those two items... one of them is for Pawnshop <<Micht>>. The item is an "Antique Orbal Lamp". By the way, the pawnshop is located in a corner southeast of the Central Shopping District.
Rean: Deliver the Antique Orbal Lamp to Pawnshop <<Micht>>.... right, no problem.
Georges: Okay then the last one... Deliver it to Director Michael of the radio station <<Trista Broadcast>>. The item is his "Orbal Wristwatch". In case you don't know, the Trista Radio Station is located southwest of the Central Shopping District.  Tell the receptionist and get her to call Michael-san for you.
Rean: The last one is to deliver the Orbal Wristwatch to Michael-san of <<Trista Broadcast>>... I just need to tell the receptionist and she'll call him out for me. I got it.
Georges: Well then, I guess that concludes the explanation. Let me give you the items.

Received Orbal Scale.
Received Antique Orbal Lamp.
Received Orbal Wristwatch.

Rean: I've indeed received them.
Georges: That's a lot of stuff to carry but I"m counting on you. When you're finished with the deliveries, report once back to me just in case.
Rean: I understand. Then I'll get going.

Inside the Home Economics classroom.

Nicholas: Hello, good afternoon. Are you looking to join the Culinary Club?
Rean: Ah no, that's not it.  I've come to deliver something from the Tech Club. Please accept this.

Rean hands the Orbal Scale over to President Nicholas.

Nicholas: Ohh isn't this the Orbal Scale I asked Georges-kun to repair? He's quick with his work as usual. I owe a lot to him.
Rean: Still, I didn't know there are devices like this already.
Nicholas: Yes, different from the analog types, it can tell me the precise weight of the ingredients. It's very convenient since it can even discount the container weight.
Rean: Wow... it can even do that?
Nicholas: Hm, are you perhaps interested in cooking?
Rean: Haha... more than that, I need to learn to cook by myself from now on. So I'm a bit curious.
Nicholas: Is that right? Well I guess there are plenty of people like that in this school. Although eating at the school cafeteria is quite cheap, it's not like it's free. By the way, have you already tried cooking?
Rean: No, not yet.... I'm kind of in a situation where I don't know where to start even if I wanted to.
Nicholas: I see, you're still at that stage. In that case, the important thing is to just start cooking, anything is fine. Hm, I think it's some sort of fate that we're having this conversation... let me give you this.

Rean receives a Recipe Notebook.

Nicholas: Also, here is a very simple recipe. I'll give you some ingredients, so please try making it yourself.

Rean receives the recipe for "Simple Omelette" and some ingredients.

Rean: T, thank you very much. This looks to be a very convenient Notebook. But, is it really okay for me to have this?
Nicholas: Haha, of course. I still have plenty of those left. I'll be glad if you can take this opportunity to improve your culinary skills.
Rean: I understand. Then I'll be sure to make good use of it.
Nicholas: Okay then, thanks for coming all the way here today to make the delivery. Relay my thanks to Georges-kun too.
Rean: Yes, well then excuse me.

Inside the Pawnshop "Micht".

Micht: What is it, boy... you got some special business with me?
Rean: Ah yes. I have something for you from the academy's Tech Club....
Micht: I see, the item I asked Georges to repair is already fixed? Well then, hand it over to me?
Rean: R, right... (What an unfriendly person.)

Rean hands the Antique Orbal Lamp over to Micht.

Micht: Hm, looks like it's properly fixed. But seriously.... it's a pain handling these pawned articles. Who would of thought that an item that just got pawned would break so soon.
Rean: Ahaha....is that right. By the way, do lots of students come by this shop often?
Micht: Well, just some. Just to be clear though, I don't lend Mira to students. It's best for you students to think of this place as just an "Exchange Shop".
Rean: I see... an "Exchange Shop" huh....
Micht: Speaking of... a while ago something like this came in. I'll give it to you as payment for the delivery.

Rean receives "Blade" from Micht.

Rean: <<Blade>>.... is it some kind of card game?
Micht: Yeah, some good-for-nothing upper-class student left it in my shop. I don't even know much about the rules and stuff... Well, it's like I received it for free, so don't worry and just take it.
Rean: Is that right...thank you. (Somehow I feel like it was forced on me... but whatever.)
Micht: Oh and one more thing... this shop offers an independent service called "Lucky Finds". The goods offered changes depending on my mood... but anyway, take a look if you want. Well then see you, thanks for delivering the item to me.
Rean: It's nothing... well then excuse me.

Inside the Trista Radio Station.

Receptionist: Welcome to <<Trista Broadcast>>~. What may I do for you today?
Rean: Um, is there a person here by the name of Michael-san? I have something to deliver from the Tech Club... if possible I'd like to hand it to him in person.
Receptionist: Right, I understand. A delivery for Director Michael~  I'll give him a call right now. Please make yourself comfortable on that sofa over there by the front door~

Michael: Sorry for the wait. Looks like you brought something for me from the Tech Club am I right? I know this is impolite of me, but can you give it to me quickly?
Rean: Yes, here it is.

Rean hands the "Orbal Wristwatch" over to Director Michael.

Michael: Ohhh... it's really fixed! This can match a professional's work! The new program starting today...if I don't have this watch with me, I can't help but get really uneasy. But now I can relax and look forward to tonight.
Rean: I see.... I didn't know there will be a new program starting today.
Michael: Yeah, it starts at 9 o'clock tonight. If this becomes a success, Trista Broadcast will become more widely known. And then maybe someday I'll finally be able to realize my dream of reporting "real" news-- ah, sorry about that, what am I doing getting so heat up over my ambitions talking to a student.
Rean: Not at all, I think it's great to have passion.
Michael: Haha, it's because I'm betting my all on this job. And so for that reason, be sure to tune in to <<Trista Broadcast>> tonight!
Rean: Haha... I understand. (Though I say that, I don't even own an <<Orbal Radio>>.)
Michael: Oh, this won't do. Actually the person responsible for the acoustics is waiting for me. Sorry for the poor hospitality, but I have to excuse myself here. Please relay my thanks to Georges-kun for the Orbal Wristwatch.
Rean: Yes, no problem. Please do your best as well, Michael-san. (Well then, all three items are delivered. Let's go back and report to Georges-senpai.)

Reporting back to Georges.

Georges: Hey, looks like you're finished with the deliveries.
Rean: Yes, I went around to all three places.
Georges: Hm, thanks for your hard work. And so, after going around to all three places, what's your impression?
Rean: Impression.... well first of all, there's variety. Excluding the school, the pawnshop and radio station are both places you usually won't visit.
Georges: Hm, you're certainly right. That's true about those two places. Especially the pawnshop, it's at a hard-to-find location.
Rean: Haha, true. But now I think I have the general layout of Trista in my head... how do I say this, it feels like I learned a lot while working.
Georges: Ohh it makes me happy for you to say that. And so...you talked a bit with Michael-san while you're at <<Trista Broadcast>> right? Did you hear anything about the new program he's working on?
Rean: Yes, I believe he said it starts at 9 o'clock tonight.
Georges: Haha, I knew it.  That's right, that's the one I'm talking about. Actually he's been pushing for it hard so somehow I'm kind of curious. Why don't you try and give it a listen too?
Rean: Ah but....
Georges: Ohh, by chance do you not have an <<Orbal Radio>>? If that's the case, then use this one.

Georges gives an Orbal Radio to Rean.

Rean: This is....
Georges: That's the newest generation of the Orbal Radio.  It's the same type as the one I'm using. You helped me a lot today so think of it as a gift.
Rean: Eh, is that really okay...?
Georges: Oh and by the way, I bought that one for reference purposes but there wasn't an opportunity to use it. It's a waste to just let it sit there so please do make good use of it.
Rean: If you say that... thank you very much.
Georges: You're welcome. Oh yes yes, there's something I need to tell to all Class VII members.
Rean: To all Class VII members... what is it?
Georges: Actually it's a direct request from Instructor Sara I received a few days ago. I'll be responsible for the maintenance of your <<ARCUS>>.
Rean: President Georges will be taking care of the ARCUS....?
Georges: Yeah, like I told you before, this place is equivalent to the academy's Orbal Workshop.  But more than that-- I'm also deeply interested in that ARCUS of yours. So from now, whatever it is, if it's related to the ARCUS, leave it to me.
Rean: I see.... although it may be a burden to President Georges, but to tell the truth, I'm relieved.
Georges: Haha, thanks for saying that. One more thing... Rean-kun, do you know anything about the "Sepith Chunks"?
Rean: Um, that thing that frequently drops from monsters alongside the Sepith?
George: Yes, that. Fragments of Septium mineral-- in other words, the Sepith. I believe its usefulness is widely known.  Sepith Chunks, on the contrary, are full of impurities and not given much attention. However, the technology to extract Sepith from those Sepith Chunks with great efficiency was recently developed.
Rean: Ahh is that so....
Georges: Yes, and so stores everywhere are now beginning to buy those Sepith Chunks for good prices. There's no use holding on to them so exchange them for money whenever you can.
Rean: I see... I understand.
Georges: Well, I guess that's all for today. I look forward to working with you all from now on.
Rean: Yes, please take care of us!

You can now use the Orbal Workshop to upgrade your ARCUS and fuse quartz. Exiting the Tech Building...

Rean: My shoulders feel stiff.... but this feeling-- I feel I've been quite productive. (But now that I think about it, this request.........could it be that President Georges went out of his way to prepare it for me? Thanks to him, I was able to understand a lot of things...)

Rean notices a female student in black tights standing outside the Tech Building, looking at some object covered by a blue cloth.

Rean: (This person is.... since she's standing here, probably someone related to the Tech Club? Looks like there's a big object beside her....it wasn't there before right? Well whatever... I should probably go finish the other requests.)


> QUEST: Old School Building Underground Investigation <Mandatory>

Rean goes to meet the Headmaster to get details on the request. Inside the Headmaster's office.

Rean: --Excuse me, Headmaster.  I'm Rean Schwarzer of 1st Year Class VII.
Headmaster Vandyck: Ohh, I've been waiting for you.
Rean: ! (I've thought this during the entrance ceremony as well, but he looks to be around 2 arge...)
Headmaster Vandyck: --I've heard from Towa-kun. You guys will be the ones to accept this request. Even though it's your first Free Activity Day, sorry but are you willing to listen to my request?
Rean: Yes, of course. Something about investigation of the underground levels of the Old School Building...
Headmaster Vandyck: That's right. The place you all used on the day of the entrance ceremony. Just so you know, Sara-kun's the one who wanted to use that floor mechanism...but please also let me apologize for it getting a bit overboard.
Rean: Ah, no, not at all. You don't have to. (I knew it, it was all Instructor Sara's grandstand play....)
Headmaster Vandyck: Getting back on topic, there are mysterious anecdotes surrounding that Old School Building. That "Stone Guardian" (Gargoyle) is most likely one of them.
Rean: Now that you mention it...no matter how you think about it, it was not an ordinary monster. It's as if--
Headmaster Vandyck: Yes, instead of calling it a "monster", the term "demon" may be more fitting. What's more, if you leave it be, it'll return back to its stone form as time passes.
Rean: ! Something like that happens!?
Headmaster Vandyck: Yes, that's why to this day that underground level is frequently used by academy students to train and test their courage. But ever since around a year ago, the situation has slightly changed. Doors that shouldn't exist appear, voices of unknown origin can be heard... we continue to receive strange reports like that.
Rean: So there are things like that happening... Then that means our goal is to confirm those strange phenomenons?
Headmaster Vandyck: Yes, exactly. Go around the underground level once and check to see if anything different has occurred compared to last month. That is my request. I believe you guys are fit for the job?
Rean: I see... you are right. -- I understand. I think we should somehow be able to do it. Though it may become quite difficult if that gargoyle comes back to life...
Headmaster Vandyck: Well, if you get into that kind of a situation, it's best to escape. Also, you must remember that this is a request to all members of <<Class VII>>.  If there are other members that can be of help, please give them a call and go together.
Rean: But that's.... --I understand. I'll try to get some of the others to help.
Headmaster Vandyck: Good. Well then, let me give you this.

Received "Key to Old School Building".

Headmaster Vandyck: If you use that key, you should be able to enter the Old School Building. Then I leave the rest to you.
Rean: Yes!

In front of the Old School Building door. It's locked.

Rean: (I probably won't have time to do other things once I start exploration of this area. Anything else left that I need to do....?)

Once you start exploration of the Old School Building, all optional sidequests and Bond Events will end. You have two options here: Use the key, or leave this place. Using the key...

Rean: --It's open. Well then, I'll try calling others who may be able to help.

Choosing Eliot and Gaius since they're the only two available right now. First floor of Old School Building.

Eliot: Uh... I didn't think I'd have to come here again. N, no matter how I think about it, this is reckless..
Rean: Well, you're most likely right. If you don't feel up to it, it's okay if you don't come along?
Eliot: N, no.... there's the Practical Test next week... I want to get more practice with the the Orbal Staff. And even if it's Rean and Gaius, I'll be worried if it's just you two.
Rean: Is that so... thanks.
Gaius: There's only three of us.  Let's proceed with caution. We just have to go down to the underground level from that door right?
Rean: Yeah, it should lead to the room where we fought that gargoyle. Besides, I don't think we'd want to get down there falling through the floor again.
Eliot: Yeah, no thanks....Uh... I hope that monster doesn't come attack us again.

Going through the door.

Rean: This is....
Gaius: ...............
Eliot: Phew... from the looks of it, that gargoyle is nowhere in sight. And there is no creepy stone statue.......Huh? This room...did it used to be like this?
Rean: No-- the room has become smaller compared to that time we fought with the gargoyle.
Eliot: What?
Rean: Probably two or more times smaller... Not only that, something we haven't seen before appeared.
Eliot: That is.... W, when we came here last time, there wasn't a door there right?
Rean: Yeah.... to tell the truth, I had my doubts.
Gaius: Anyway let's head down first and confirm what's on the other side of that door.

Entering through the new door.  Old School Building Basement Floor 1.

Rean: .................
Gaius: ....This is quite surprising.
Eliot: T, this... isn't this a completely different place!? I'm sure we've never been through here right!?
Rean: Yeah... no doubt about it. Looks like the layout of the underground level completely changed.
Eliot: How is that possible...
Gaius: It feels like the monsters around here are also different from before. -- What do you want to do, Rean?
Rean: .................. The Headmaster's request is to confirm the abnormal phenomenon of the underground level of this Old School Building. Since it has come to this, we can't possibly go back empty-handed.  Let's try investigating as much as we can.
Eliot: Sigh... I guess it can't be helped.
Gaius: --With the Goddess' protection. Shall we go?
Rean: Yeah...!!

After encountering your first enemy, you can now set up your Tactical Links. Certain skills will activate in battle if party members are linked.  The higher the link level, the more skills will be available.

Rean and the others encounter an ape-looking boss monster in the deepest room.  After the battle...

Eliot: Phew~... That was close.... But somehow we defeated it.
Rean: Yeah, and we finally got the hang of <Tactical Links>... it feels like we're in "synchronization" through the <<ARCUS>>.
Gaius: Yeah.... it's not bad feeling. But-- it looks like this is the end?
Rean: Yeah, there are no other routes so should be about right. Looks like the layout of this floor completely changed.
Eliot: Y, yeah.... it's kind of hard to believe though.
Rean: Anyway, let's leave this place for now.
Eliot: Y, you're right.
Gaius: I remember the way.  Should be easy going back out.

Outside of the Old School Building.

Gaius: It's going to be evening soon.
Eliot: Sigh~....looks like it took longer than I thought.
Rean: For now, let's report back to the Headmaster. Will you two come with me?
Eliot: Yeah, of course!
Gaius: Let's go.

A black cat sitting atop the Old School Building watches the three as they leave.

Black Cat: ...................

Inside the Headmaster's office.

Headmaster Vandyck: Hm... that's an unexpected turn of events.
Instructor Sara: So there's a complete alteration to the underground level of the Old School Building.  I did think it was a mysterious historic site, but not to that extent.
Eliot: Um, what is the story behind that place? Judging from its appearance, it looks to be built a fairly long time ago.
Headmaster Vandyck: Who built it -- in truth, no one knows. But what's certain is that the building was already there before the establishment of this academy. I'm afraid hundred of years ago... probably a remnant from the <<Dark Ages>>.
Gaius: The <<Dark Ages>>....
Rean: The age of chaos which continued for a short period of time after the <<The Great Collapse>> 1200 years ago right?
Instructor Sara: Yes, the remnants from that period are all mysterious and strange things. Sorcery and alchemy, even technologies that are now lost to us were seemingly used in their constructions. Even so-- it's certainly not ordinary for the underground level to alter that drastically right?
Headmaster Vandyck: Yes, I didn't find a similar incident in the school records. And for such a big change to occur this time...
Instructor Sara: Well, don't worry. I'll also find some time to go investigate. That place has been on my mind ever since I came to this school.
Headmaster Vandyck: Sorry, will you do that for me? -- Schwarzer-kun, Craig-kun, and Worzel-kun. Thanks for all your hard work.  You all did a great job.
Rean: No, it's an honor to be of help.
Eliot: Ahaha... our hard work's all worth it.
Gaius: ...Excuse us.

Outside the Headmaster's office.

Instructor Sara: Hehe, looks like you guys really worked hard. And it also looks like you've gotten a hang of the various functions of the <ARCUS>.
Rean: You're talking about the <<Tactical Link>>?
Gaius: It really does feel like it'll be a big help in battle once we're able to master it.
Eliot: But the timing is quite difficult to grasp...
Instructor Sara: Well, you'll get chances to cooperate with the others as well later on. Anyway, including the requests and all that happened today, thanks for your hard work. Especially Rean, I'm counting on you next time too okay?
Rean: Yeah, I understand--... ! W, wait a second. You mean there's a next time....!?
Instructor Sara: It appears to me that you're quite suited for these kind of stuff. Besides, don't you want to lend a helping hand to that busy Student Council President?
Rean: Uh... it's true that she looks to be outrageously busy all the time. Ahh fine-- I get it!
Instructor Sara:  Good good ❤ I'll relay that to the President too~ Ah also, about that key to the Old School Building. The Headmaster said to leave it in your care for now. If you ever feel up to it, go with everyone and take a look from time to time. Well then, laters~ ♪♪

Instructor Sara leaves.

Eliot: U, um....
Gaius: Rean, is that okay?
Rean: Haha, it's fine. I haven't decided on a club yet, and besides, I should somehow be able to handle the requests by myself if they are like the ones today.
Gaius: Is that right. If you need a hand with anything, don't hesitate to call me.
Eliot: That's right that's right! And if you're heading to the Old School Building again, I'll come along!

End of mandatory quests.

< to be continued >


1 comment: