Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd - Morning of the Departure


Note: Translated from the Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Scenario Book.  This one deals with Estelle and Joshua's childhood. And the end connects back to the ending of SC.
The descriptive text that appear here are not in the actual game.  Those will be indicated in grey.

You can view this event on Youtube, courtesy of satoshinra by visiting the following links:
Part 1: http://youtu.be/yJoTUPwR_C8
Part 2: http://youtu.be/m6BhIOYlKnk
Part 3: http://youtu.be/3cYSXFzDqW4
Part 4: http://youtu.be/pNURQgsD4Pw
Part 5: http://youtu.be/kJGucDN-qv4

---

- The First Week.

Sound of footsteps approaching and the door opens.  The sound of the harmonica stops.

Voice: Hello, good afternoon.... You don't have to be so cautious.  I'm a magician.  Let me restore your heart. But... I'll have you pay the price?

---
The Bright's House. On Cassius' bed lies a sleeping young Joshua.  Beside him stands Estelle.

Joshua: Ugh... uh... Uwahhhh!!!
Estelle: ....J, Joshua!? Wah, his fever is getting worse!

Joshua's body is trembling.

Estelle: Hey you, don't move around so much! Towel, towel...hold on! I'll go fetch you some ice!

Estelle runs out of the room.

Joshua: Sister....I..I'm already...

That time, like a broken record, my head continued to repeat the same words over and over again. But I don't "remember" that voice.  The only thing I know is...

---
Backyard of Bright's House. Joshua sits at the foot of a tree.

Joshua: ...That time, I....

A voice can be heard from inside the house.

Energetic Voice: Eh, he's not here...geez, wandering around even though he's injured~!

The sound of a door opening.

Energetic Voice: Joshua~! Where did you run off to~! Joshua~!

Estelle finally spots Joshua.

Estelle: Ah, Joshua! There you are! I told you not to strain yourself!
Joshua: ...I'm fine already.
Estelle: Eh... really? ... Your fever died down?
Joshua: ...That was just a momentary fever attack resulting from the wounds I suffered. It died down this morning.
Estelle: Is that so... phew, thank goodness-- because Joshua was making so much noise. For a moment there I didn't know what would happen.
Joshua: Did I... say.. anything...?
Estelle: ...Eh?....
Joshua: ... Never mind, it's nothing...

Estelle walks to Joshua's side.

Estelle: Um... since your fever's down, let's play together.  Lying in bed all day, you were probably real bored right?
Joshua: ....?
Estelle: Uh huh, I understand. When I had a fever, I was bored to death. Ah, but since Joshua's injury is on the leg, I guess running is out of the question.... Um...then can-kicking and play catch are also no-goes...
Joshua: ...If you want to play, play by yourself.  Don't get close to me...This place...will also become dangerous soon.
Estelle: Eh...!?
Joshua: Thanks for tending to my wounds.  I've caused you guys much trouble.  Tell that to Cassius Bright for me too.
Estelle: ...Don't do that, you shouldn't show that kind of face!
Joshua: Eh...!?
Estelle: When you're feeling down, doing something you like is the best.  Right, hold on a second.  I'll be right back with something great!

Estelle dashes toward the house.

Joshua: (I don't sense any pursuers yet. It should take another two or three days for them to find this place.... in another three days...)
Estelle: Joshua~...!

Estelle comes running back.

Estelle: Here, I'm giving this to you! So cheer up!

Estelle holds out a "Pillbug".

Joshua: ........? (...what the heck...)
Estelle: So~ don't you think it's cute? If you poke at it, it turns into a ball!
Joshua: ... I don't need that.
Estelle: Eh, but why not? It's so cute~!
Joshua: I said I don't need that kind of stuff. Also, don't come here anymore.
Estelle: *disappointment* So you don't like this kind of bug...
Joshua: ...No, that's not it...
Estelle: Hold on. I'll bring out the case!

Estelle, once again, dashes toward the house.

Joshua: .........

Estelle returns in a short while.

Estelle: Joshua, how about this!! "Jumbo Dragonfly"!
Joshua: Like I said, I don't need that.
Estelle: Then, how about this one! This one's perfect! You'll like it for sure!! "Malga Lizard"!!
Joshua: ........
Estelle: NOT EVEN THIS ONE!?
Joshua: ...Um, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with each of those bugs....
Estelle: Grr...! This one, it's my favorite you know~!!
Joshua: (...what's with this girl...? I'm not getting her...)
Estelle: ...Joshua, sit here for a bit.
Joshua:... I'm already sitting....
Estelle: Joshua you... what kind of bugs do you like? Do you like big ones!? Pretty ones!? Ones with lots of legs!? Or ones with long feelers!? WITH SHELLS? WINGS? FINS!?
Joshua: ...I don't need any bug.
Estelle: (SHOCK)!! So... in other words, if it's not a bug that will surprise you then it's no good... Okay, just you wait! I'll go catch one for you!

Estelle runs off somewhere.

Joshua: ....That girl, she likes bugs?

---
Elize Highway. Estelle holding a bug net chases after a butterfly-looking bug.

Estelle: Aww, it got away.... That one had a funny face too. No, this is nothing!

Estelle turns in the direction of the house.

Estelle: Joshua still can't move around freely. And he looks to be in pain somehow. Right, it's up to me to catch something and cheer him up!

The bug from before flies by.

Estelle: Ah, the one from before!  Wait for me~!!

---
Bright House. Joshua remains seated at the base of the tree.

Joshua: .... (Now that I look at this place, it really is peaceful around here. I've been through so many life-and-death situations, but this is a first...)
Energetic Voice: Joshua~!!
Joshua: ........

Estelle runs back from the Highway.

Estelle: Hey yah!

Estelle jumps and lands in front of Joshua.

Estelle: Hey look look! This one has a funny face!
Joshua: Like I told you...I don't need it. You just don't learn...
Estelle: I call this the "Surprising Man-faced Moth"! The pattern on the wings look like a person's face.
Joshua: .... (...what the hell is this...)
Estelle: Ahaha! That gave you a surprise right~!

Joshua turns the other way.

Joshua: ....Not really.
Estelle: Yup! Sister's hard work's all worth it~ ★ Alright! I'll bring an even better one next time!

Estelle dashes off.

Estelle: Yahoo--!

Estelle runs off in the direction of the Highway.

Joshua: She's really a noisy girl...

After a while.

Energetic Voice: Jo.......ua~!!
Joshua: ...She's back...

Estelle runs back at full speed.  She's being chased by a horde of bees.

Estelle: Joshua~!!

Estelle comes running to where Joshua's sitting.

Estelle: ...JUMP IN!
Joshua: Eh....!?

Estelle thrusts Joshua into the pond and jumps in herself.  The bees circle around the area where they last seen their target, and then flies off somewhere.

Estelle: Pwuaha... Ahahaha!

Joshua also sticks his head out of the water.

Joshua: ...Ha....! Haa, haa....

Joshua turns around and stares at Estelle.

Joshua: What are you doing!
Estelle: Eh...? Ahahaha! Come on, come on! Water fight!

Estelle splashes water at Joshua.

Joshua: ...Tch...
Estelle: Ahhh... this feels great..! Oh, I know! Let's fish! I like playing in the water too, but nothing beats fishing.  Alright, I'll fish us lunch!

Estelle swims to the side of the pond and turns around to face Joshua.

Estelle: Come, Joshua should get out of the water too.  If you don't go get changed, you're going to catch a cold!
Joshua: ......

For a little while, Joshua sits against the foot of the tree.  Estelle sits at the edge of the pond with a fishing rod in her hands.  A fish has taken the bite and Estelle reels it in.

Estelle: Alright, it's a big one! This one is Joshua's share!
Joshua: My share... there's no need.
Estelle: Next one is mine.  If I can't get one, I'll go without lunch!!
Joshua: ..... (seriously...she really doesn't listen to others...)
Estelle: Oh! Here it comes! Take this!!

Estelle pulls in the fish.

Estelle: Ah, it's a Kasagin. Boo, it's a small one. This one is for Dad.... That delinquent old man is probably off loitering around somewhere.  This is his punishment!
Joshua: Eh..?
Estelle: This next one will be mine.  My lunch! There!
Joshua: (This girl, she doesn't know about Cassius Bright? ... He didn't say anything to his daughter.  Though I guess that's just like him...)

Estelle, once again, tries to pull in a fish but it escapes.

Estelle: Ahh... it escaped! Dang it--!! Next time! I'll get you next time!!

Joshua stares at Estelle.

Joshua: .......
Estelle: Oh, I feel something.  Nope, just a small touch.....
Joshua: .....? Hey....
Estelle: Huh.... what?
Joshua: Nothing....

Estelle concentrates on her fishing.  Joshua looks up at the sky.

Joshua: (Was it... this bright...? The green....my eyes hurt....)
Estelle: Ah!! This one will be a big one for sure! Alright, I finally have my lunch!

Splash! She pulls in the fish.

Estelle: Eh!? SO SMALL!?

---

- The Second Week.

Elisa and Tio comes walking up the road in front of the Bright's House.

Elisa: I wonder what's wrong...she didn't even come to the store yesterday...
Tio: Well, it's Estelle we're talking about.  She always does things on a whim.  I don't think you have to be that worried?
Elisa: But, she used to come by everyday...

The two girls stop in front of the House.

Elisa: Estelle, are you there~? Estelle--!

No response.

Elisa: D, do you think that maybe... she was kidnapped by some bad guy~??
Tio: ....If you want to go there, strangely I think there is a higher chance that she died by the roadside inside some forest after getting attacked by a monster and becoming seriously injured.
Elisa: Ehh~!?
Tio: That girl, she usually goes to dangerous places after all.
Elisa: Estelle....
Tio: I'm just kidding of course.

Tio takes one step forward.

Tio: Estelle~? That's enough! Come out! Elisa's about to cry~!
Boy's Voice: ...If you're looking for Estelle, she went out.

The two girls stare in puzzlement.  Joshua is leaning on his usual tree.  Elisa and Tio move closer to Joshua.

Tio: Huh...!?
Elisa: Eh~...??
Joshua: ........
Tio: .....Who!?
Elisa: ....Who are you~!?

Estelle returns from the Highway with a bug net in her hand.

Estelle: Joshua~! I caught an AMAZING bug!

Behind Joshua who's leaning against the tree stands Elisa and Tio.

Estelle: ....Huh, Tio and Elisa? You guys have come!
Elisa: Ah, Estelle... geez-- what were you doing all this time~ I was worried you know~!
Tio: Hey Estelle, do you know that boy? He wouldn't say anything even when we asked. "I'm not obligated to answer," he would say.
Joshua: ...Estelle. Are those two your friends?
Estelle: Ah, yeah. That's right...?
Joshua: (It matches what they said....They're full of openings and don't look to be trained. I thought it's about time for "those people" to sniff out this location...but it appears these two are not it...)
Tio: Look, he's been like this ever since a while ago. I don't remember seeing him in Rolent...Estelle, you know him right?
Estelle: Um, yeah. Joshua is....actually...he's my little brother!!
Joshua: (...wha...!?)
Elisa: Eh, Estelle's little brother? I, is that right-- Phew--, I'm surprised~...
Tio: Hey Estelle, that still doesn't explain anything-- All of a sudden saying he's your little brother... that alone won't make us understand.
Estelle: But I'm telling the truth--. Right, Joshua!
Joshua: ...As if that's even possible.

Joshua stands up and walks toward the house.

Estelle: Ah, Joshua! Stop right there!

Joshua ignores her and continues walking.

Estelle: Listen to your big sister!

Joshua stops.

Joshua: ...There's no way someone like you can be a big sister.
Estelle: Eh...?
Joshua: I have no plans to mingle with you all. The reason I'm here...like Cassius Bright said before... it's just "how things turned out."
Estelle: ......
Joshua: Also...can you stop it with the bugs? I don't know what it is you're planning but you can get yourself hurt being too much of a busybody.

Joshua starts to leave.  Estelle suddenly breaks into a run and jump attacks Joshua.

Estelle: Heyah!
Joshua: Ack..!?

Estelle continues to hit Joshua who lost his balance.

Estelle: Take this! And this!
Joshua: O, ouch...!
Estelle: In this house, I'm the older one! I'm the big sister!

Estelle hits Joshua nonstop.

Joshua: T, that hurts.... (ouch...)
Estelle: How's that, I'm the big sister right? I. am. the. big. sister. Come on, try saying it!

Estelle holds Joshua's neck from the back as he trembles.

Joshua: ...Don't...want to.
Estelle: What did you say~!!

Tio and Elisa looks on as the two continue to fight.

Elisa: They're close~...
Tio: Yeah, looks like it...
Joshua: .... You two over there, be quiet.
Estelle: An opening!

Joshua falls to the ground on his back and Estelle sits on top of him.

Estelle: Joshua, from today onward I'm your big sister. It's a decided matter!

---
Night time at the Bright's House, Estelle's room. Joshua is sleeping on the bed while Estelle sits on a chair, nodding off.

Joshua: ......Seriously, it's the same every night....she's really a meddler....

Joshua gets out of bed.  He carries and sets Estelle down on the bed to let her sleep. He fixes the blanket and then leaves the room.

---
Entrance of the Bright's House. Joshua comes out.

Man's Voice: .....Joshua.

Cassius is drinking beer in the front yard.

Cassius: Are you going to be sleeping outside again?
Joshua: ...........
Cassius: As I guessed, you don't like being in the same room as Estelle?

Joshua walks closer to Cassius.

Joshua: ...That girl is too meddlesome.  What's more, she's totally clueless.  She has no idea what kind of danger she's getting herself into....Cassius Bright. Aren't you supposed to tell her those kind of things? ....Why aren't you saying anything!
Cassius: ...The room beside Estelle's, right now it's a storage room but.... if we clean it up a bit, you can use it.  I believe there's a bed already in there.
Joshua: ........I'll pass. I don't need something like that.
Cassius: Hm...it's true that Estelle likes to stick her nose into everything. From your perspective, she's probably just a child who's naive and doesn't know a thing.  But you know, Joshua... aren't you the one who doesn't understand anything?
Joshua: ..........!!
Cassius: At the very least, that child is clear on what she wants and what she should be doing, in her own way. That's most likely something that's necessary for her to remain herself.....Although I guess as a father, I had hoped to raise her a bit more like a girl....
Joshua: .............
Cassius: Despite that, Joshua.... compared to someone like you who has lost their direction and desires....ultimately, who is the correct one?
Joshua: .....I........
Cassius: ....Just so you know, I have no intention to go easy on you.  I won't tell you to leave or to stay. Where you want to go from here on, what you want to do...and also, what kind of person you want to be... you decide for yourself. After all, those are things... that no one knows the answer to right now.
Joshua: ......I..... (.....I.....just what in the world....?)

---

- Several Weeks Later.

And so a peaceful few weeks went by... Joshua's wounds had healed and could walk again. Estelle jumped in joy, and dragged Joshua all over the place to play. However, being able to move again meant the need to come up with an answer soon. The time to choose was closing in...
---

Estelle and Joshua comes walking down the Milch Road. The two check the signpost at the road junction.

South. Perzel Farm.
Joshua: Perzel.... that kid with the short hair?
Estelle: Yup~ this farm is Tio's house~ a while ago, they gave birth to two twin babies!
Joshua: ...I know. Weren't you making a fuss all over it? Haven't you been to see them many times already? Is it still that exciting for you?
Estelle: Nope, that's not it. For the whole day today, we're going to help at the farm! They say it's harvest time right now. But because Auntie Hannah can't move around, it'll be harder than usual, right? So I spoke with Elisa and it's decided that we come help out!
Joshua: ...I do think what you're doing is quite admirable... but even so, why are you involving me...
Estelle: Stop complaining! Come on, let's go!

Estelle starts walking towards the farm, dragging Joshua along.

Estelle: This is also "rebahilitation", rebahilitation"!
Joshua: If you're going to say that, it's rehabilitation...

---

Perzel Farm. Frantz, Tio, and Elisa welcomes Estelle and Joshua who finally arrives.

Elisa: Ah, Estelle~ And Joshua too~?
Tio: Ehhh, looks like he was forcefully brought here.
Estelle: Yahoo~! Tio and Uncle Frantz, we're here to help!
Frantz: Ohh you've come? Sorry, you even helped us a lot when Hannah was giving birth...
Estelle: Something like that is nothing! If you put Master Estelle to the job, it's easy peasy!
Frantz: Haha, how reliable. Oh, and you are...?
Tio: Ah, that's Estelle's little brother. Didn't I tell you before? The one called Joshua.
Frantz: Ohh now that you mention it, I think I remember hearing about him...something like how he got into a big fight with Estelle...
Joshua: .........

The sound of the door opening and Hannah walks toward them with the twins in her arms.

Estelle: Ah, Auntie Hannah!
Elisa: Good afternoon~
Hannah: Good afternoon. Sorry for making you two help out again today. I really want to return back to farm work as soon as possible too.
Frantz: Hey woah. You still can't work yet.
Hannah: What are you saying, when I had Tio, I was able to work properly. Just like this, back when you were a baby, carrying you on my back...
Elisa: Is that so??
Tio: Don't ask me. I don't remember.
Hannah: But I guess I can't do that if they're twins... oh? that black-haired boy over there is...?
Frantz: Oh, that's Joshua. Tio spoke of him before, remember?
Hannah: Ahh, Estelle's little brother, right? My my, he's also quite the cute little kid.
Joshua: ...........
Hannah: Have you also come to help? Sorry for the trouble...oh hold on, now that I look closely, aren't you still wrapped in bandages?
Frantz: Oh, you're right. I didn't realize.
Joshua: .............. The wounds are all practically healed. They will not hinder work.
Frantz: No no, it's not good to force yourself. Why don't you find somewhere you can rest...
Hannah: Oh that's right, I have a good idea.

---

Frantz: Well then, I'll explain the harvesting process. Estelle, Elisa, and Tio, you three take care of the harvesting for the fields around here. It'll be more efficient if you share the work. I want you guys to start from the north side of the field.
Hannah: Frantz and I will harvest the vegetables in the greenhouse... And, as for Joshua...

Joshua is holding the twins in his arms.

Hannah: Please look after the babies~ The boy's name is Will and the girl's is Chel.
Joshua: .............I understand.
Frantz: Well then, let's get to work. If there's anything you don't know, come ask us anytime, alright?
Estelle: Okay~!
Tio: Okay.
Elisa: Okay!
Joshua: ............

---

Joshua stands under the shade of the tree holding the twins.

Joshua: .............

These past few weeks, no sign of any pursuers...
Why...
They should have already found out my location a long time ago....
Or is it that they are no longer interested in me?
... And so that's why....
They only erased my memories then abandoned me...?

No, but...
What is it... something important...
.... I feel like I lost something precious....
What is it...
What in the world... did I....

Voice: Jo.....ua...!

... Just what... is it...

Energetic Voice: ... Joshua!
Joshua: Eh.....

When Joshua looks up, he sees Estelle standing in front of him.

Energetic Voice: You listening, Joshua!
Joshua: ...........Estelle....?
Estelle: Hey, look at this!

Estelle takes out a huge carrot.

Estelle: What do you think, amazing right? I'm the one who pulled this one out! And this eggplant too... fresh and juicy!
Joshua: ......... you know...
Estelle: Hm? What??
Joshua: ..............sigh....... Estelle, you scraped your knees, you know?
Estelle: Huh.....?
Joshua: It's because you're always rushing ahead without thinking of the consequences... Come on, let me see your knees.
Estelle: O, okay...

Joshua places the twins near the tree's root and checks Estelle's scrapes.

Joshua took out disinfectant.

Estelle: Ow.....! It hurts....
Joshua: It's just a little pain, bear with it. (Geez, she's always full of fresh bruises. I've been thinking about it before, but won't she get tetanus or something?)
Estelle: ??? Joshua?
Joshua: ... Really, always troubling others...
Estelle: Uh~~~~ I didn't ask for you to treat me!
Joshua: And that's why I say you're always troubling others. You don't treat it yourself, nor tell others about it. Whenever I look at you, it always feel so dangerous and makes people worry....
Estelle: Hey Joshua...why is Joshua...
Joshua: (Ah, her fingernail is also broken.)
Estelle: ....Ow! At least tell me before you put on the disinfectant!
Joshua: ............

Joshua gave the wound a simple treatment.

Joshua: There, it's done. Be more careful from now on so that you don't get hurt so much...
Baby boy: ....Uwahh...uwahh!
Baby girl: Waaa-- waaa!!
Estelle: Ahh! They started crying! Um... what do we do!
Joshua: .... It's fine. Taking care of the babies is my job.  You go back to your job.
Estelle: Eh, but...

Joshua holds the twins and dandles them.

Baby: Uwah uwah! .............waa.....
Estelle: T, they stopped crying! Joshua, are you the mother?
Joshua: ...What are you saying. Hurry back to your work, or who knows when you'll get it done.
Estelle: O, okay...... Joshua, thanks!

Estelle energetically runs off.

Joshua: ...."Thanks", huh.....

Joshua takes out his harmonica after setting the twins down at the tree's root. After hesitating for a bit, he begins to play.

---

And so, the sun has set. Estelle and the others watch Joshua's performance from a distance.

Elisa: Sigh...so cool....
Tio: To have that sort of special talent...what's more, his back is to the sun. Isn't that kind of cheating~! Estelle, did you know that he can play the harmonica?
Estelle: Hmph....that Joshua. Not saying a word to me even though he's the little brother... DARE TO LOOK DOWN ON ME! STUPID JOSHUA!!
Elisa: Estelle geez...
Tio: ....what are you angry about...?

---

Sound of footsteps approaching and the opening of the door.

Voice: Hello, good afternoon.... You don't have to be so cautious.  I'm a magician.  Let me restore your heart. But... I'll have you pay the price?

...... I finally understand.
I already paid the price.
Important things, happy times...
And everything that shaped who I am.

I am a puppet...
A fragment broken and twisted.
I exist only to destroy those things precious to someone.

.....I must leave.
I will surely destroy this world.
If it's something important, it must not be placed nearby.
It must be distanced from me, to some place where these hands cannot reach.
Before I... before my darkness soils this land.

.....I must leave.
Before my existence hurts her---

---

Next day ---

Entrance of Rolent City. Estelle comes walking holding a bug net.

Estelle: ........Joshua....... can't believe he's not even satisfied with the "Silver Gray Jumbo Praying Mantis" and "Double Seahorse".... no wonder he's my brother, he's got such high tastes...!

Estelle turns around.

Estelle: Hehe, but today for sure I'll have you satisfied.... with that "Legendary Bug"!

Stella comes out from the Elger Weapons Shop.

Stella: My, if it isn't Estelle! What are you doing, standing there with such a daunting pose... are you going out to catch bugs today too?
Estelle: Ahem. The me today is quite different.
Stella: Oh~ is that so?
Estelle: Yup, that's right. Today I'm going to make a special syrup and lure the bugs over. If I use this kind of syrup, I will lure out amazing bugs~
Stella: Oh my, that's great~............that's not it. Estelle? You're almost 11. Shouldn't you be dressing a little more like a girl?
Estelle: But~ it's easier to move around in these clothes! See~ya~!

Estelle runs toward the north.

Stella: Ah, Estelle!? Sigh, always the same...

---

Intersection inside the city.

Estelle: Let's see, I have to gather ingredients for the syrup first. I'll ask Elisa to share me some "Dragon Beans"... and I'll talk Tio into giving me "Fresh Milk" and "Fresh Eggs"! Hm...just in case, let's go check if there are any new sneakers in stock!

Option 1: First, let's go see Elisa.
Option 2: Go see Tio first.
Option 3: Just in case, check for new sneakers.

---

Estelle: Alright, let's go see Elisa first. I wonder if Elisa is still helping out at the bar?

Estelle dashes in the direction of the bar.

Abend Bar. Elisa is in front of the flower bed beside the bar's signboard.

Estelle: Elisa~!!

Estelle comes running.

Elisa: Ah, Estelle~ Ehehe, Joshua was so cool yesterday~ I hope he can play the harmonica for us again~....
Estelle: About that.... that Joshua, he didn't even say one word afterwards.
Elisa: Eh!?....really?
Estelle: Hm..... is it because I took his harmonica and played with it that he's angry....?
Elisa: Geez, Estelle........You know, Estelle. Even though Joshua won't tell you anything, it must be because he has some painful memories~. So.....
Estelle: .....Yeah, I know.
Elisa: Eh....?
Estelle: Joshua seems to be troubled about something. Sometimes he will have this really painful look on his face. But, I probably won't be able to help him. That's why......right now, I just want to cheer him up.
Elisa: Estelle.....
Estelle: ....So give me some "Dragon Beans"~
Elisa: Eh, the thing used in coffee? Why all of a sudden~? What are you going to use it for~!
Estelle: ....Secret.
Elisa: Whenever you come asking for things like this, you must be planning something. Hmm well whatever. Hold on~

Elisa goes inside the bar and then comes back out.

Elisa: Here you go, "Dragon Beans".

Received Dragon Beans.

Estelle: Okay, next is Tio! I need to get "Fresh Milk" and "Fresh Eggs" from her!
Elisa: ...Hey Estelle, what are you planning~?
Estelle: Hehe, I'll show it to you later too! ..... But you'll probably be too surprised and faint.
Elisa: .....Th, then I'll pass....
Estelle: See you later~!

Estelle runs off in the direction of Milch Road.

Elisa: But....I guess I do kind of want to see.

---

Perzel Farm. Tio is in the tomato fields.

Estelle: Tiiooo~~!!

Estelle comes running.

Tio: Huh, it's Estelle. What's up?.......then again, you must be going bug catching from the way you look.
Estelle: Hehe, today is a little s-p-e-c-i-a-l. Tio, give me some "Fresh Milk" and "Fresh Eggs"~!
Tio: What's this, out of the blue? Don't tell me you've awaken your inner chef?
Estelle: Ahem, the truth is~...

Estelle explains the situation.

Tio: Le...legendary, bug....?
Estelle: That's right, I'm going to surprise Joshua with it.
Tio: As usual, your explanation doesn't explain anything. Um, so if I'm to guess... you want to make a fragrance that lures the bug out?
Estelle: Yup, that's probably it~
Tio: Even if you finish the fragrance, be sure not to spill any on me.
Estelle: No~problem no~problem.
Tio: I wonder....

Tio enters the house and after a while, comes back out.

Tio: Here, what you ordered.

Received "Fresh Milk" and "Fresh Eggs".

Tio: Um, Estelle. Since you're here, let me say something...
Estelle: ??
Tio: If that boy is going to become your brother, then I think it's best if you talk with him little by little. About that boy's past, and about your past..... I wish for him to know about Mrs. Bright (Lena) who used to live in that house.
Estelle: .....Yeah, bit by bit. But I don't think we need to talk about those things on purpose. I think we'll come to understand each other if we're together all the time. Besides, Joshua is already important family...
Tio: .....I see. I like that part about you.
Estelle: ....Yup. Thanks again, Tio!

Estelle looks in the direction of the road.

Estelle: Al~right, I have all the ingredients... all that's left is to catch "that legendary bug" in Mistwald! Just you wait, Joshua!! I'll surprise you!!

Estelle runs off toward the road.

Tio: Woah wait... Mistwald? Kids aren't supposed to be going in there. Rather, just WHAT is the "legendary bug"...!?

---

Estelle returns to the intersection inside Rolent city and looks up at the clock tower.

Estelle: ..........Maybe I'll drop by for a bit.....

Estelle plods toward the clock tower entrance. Mayor Klaus happens to pass by there.

Mayor Klaus: Oh? If it isn't Estelle. What's the matter?
Estelle: Ah, Mr. Mayor.

Mayor Klaus and Estelle stand side by side and look up at the clock tower together.

Mayor Klaus: ....Ahh, the clock tower? The restoration work was finished last month.
Estelle: Yup, I know....
Mayor Klaus: Gathering together all the artisans of Rolent, this is the result of everyone's wisdom. The building materials used were also as close to the original as possible. See, not much different from before. right?
Estelle: ...........yeah.... even though I don't quite remember....
Mayor Klaus: ...........You know, whenever I see this clock tower, I feel energized. I can feel the people of Rolent.... no, all the people I've met till now, supporting this city.
Estelle: ..........Yeah.
Mayor Klaus: That's why.... I feel this is a very special and important place.
Estelle: .....Yeah.    .....Alright...!

Estelle changes the direction she's facing.

Estelle: Just you wait, Joshua!! I'll go catch you that "legendary bug" right now!!
Mayor Klaus: ...Huhh!? Um... Estelle...??
Estelle: GO~ GO~!!

Estelle dashes toward Elize Highway.

Mayor Klaus: ...huh.....???

---

Inside the Mistwald woods.

Estelle: Hehehe, I can smell my trophy!

Estelle looks around restlessly.

Estelle: Hmm, should I make it somewhere around here?

Estelle zeros in on one tree.

Estelle: Alright, this tree will do! I guess this is what they call self-assertion!

Estelle smears the fragrance on the tree.

Estelle: Smear smear...okay, I think this should do it.

Estelle hides in the nearby bushes.

Estelle: ...I'm only after the big one! It's the legendary bug after all. It'll shock Joshua for sure! Hehehe...

---

Inside Cassius' study room of the Bright's House. Joshua places a letter on the table.

Joshua: ...Thanks for taking care of me.

Joshua comes out from the entrance.

Scream: Uwahhhhhhhh.......!?

Joshua: This scream is...Estelle!? Could something have happened to her? (No, it's her we're talking about. She probably just tripped over...no, but........whatever's the case, it no longer has anything to do with me....no matter what happens to her....I...no longer...)

Joshua takes out his twin daggers.

Joshua: Damn it...!

---

Inside Mistwald woods. Estelle is surrounded by a group of Rhinociders.

Estelle: This is mine! I won't give it up!

The monsters gradually close in on Estelle.

Estelle: Hey!! Go away! Shoo, shoo!

The monsters closes in further. Estelle panics and starts to back away.

Estelle: Like I said...! Don't come any closer!

One monster leaps at Estelle as she turns to run away. In that moment, Joshua quickly gets between them and delivers an attack on the monster.

Estelle: Eh....
Young Boy: Hide behind my back.

As Joshua covers Estelle, he stares menacingly at the monsters. The monsters are scared off by his death glare.

Young Boy: (Phew... I guess this is my body's limit now...)
Estelle: Huh? They ran away...uhh...umm.....Joshua?

Joshua puts away his daggers and turns to face Estelle.

Joshua: Just what the hell were you doing!!
Estelle: Eh...?
Joshua: Coming this deep inside the forest, getting attacked by monsters...stop doing such dangerous things when you're just a child!...You're always this reckless. Pay more attention to your surroundings then take action! If you're always like this...!
Estelle: Joshua.... hehe, this is great. Perfect timing.
Joshua: It's not great! If I hadn't come, you'd be...!!
Estelle: Here! Look at this!

With a big smile on her face, Estelle holds out the gigantic bug she has in her hands.

Estelle: ...How about it, Joshua. I've caught it at last! This here is... the "legendary bug"!!
Joshua: ....Wha.......!? ............. (.....that's way too big....)
Estelle: Hehehe, awesome right!?

Estelle becomes quiet.

Estelle: Hey, Joshua....

Estelle takes one step forward.

Estelle: If there's something that's painful for you...and if it's something you don't want to talk about... I won't ask. I'll wait until Joshua is willing to tell me.... Before that time, I'll be by your side.
Joshua: !!!
Estelle: ....Yeah. I'll give you this bug! So, cheer up?
Joshua: .....Hmph.....so that's the legendary bug? It's not that great.
Estelle: EHH....!! Not...that great!? Even though it's THIS big!?
Joshua: Yeah, certainly not that big of a deal.....Is that all you've got?
Estelle: ~~~~ Hmph.... J, just you wait! I'll make you admit defeat!

Estelle readies her bug net.

Estelle: I'll catch an even bigger one and give you an even bigger shock!! Joshua!! Wait there for a bit!!

Estelle runs off.

Joshua: ....I'm plenty shocked already.

---

I can't believe I've changed this much.
You're truly a mysterious person.
.......Estelle........

---And so, I made a promise.
Not for anyone's sake, but a promise with myself.
It is a spell that enables an alien existence such as myself to live in this peaceful world.

Even though it's the world's most cowardly thing to do,
Will you be able to forgive me?
That is something I worry more about than having to continue to disguise myself.

---

- And the Last Day...

Rolent Landing Port. Air-liner Cecilia is on standby, already prepared for takeoff. Estelle and Joshua stand near the bridge, surrounded by Cassius, Scherazard, and many of their Rolent friends.

Estelle: ...Everyone...um... thanks for coming to see us off. I'm actually a little surprised that so many of you showed up. And... it's a bit sudden but.... Joshua and I have decided to travel out of the country.
Joshua: We're thinking of taking up bracer work in various places as we travel....This will probably become a very long trip since we're thinking of going around to most places on the continent. But we promise to return here to Rolent some day.
Estelle: We'll work our hardest out there so that next time, all of you will be able to see how far we've grown.

The people around them give them a round of applause.

Cassius: Sigh...but you two...I can't believe you've made your decision without even discussing with me...
Scherazard: Oh, is that right?
Cassius: Yeah... it was hard getting some time off work.
Joshua: Sorry, Dad. For making it so sudden...
Estelle: But it's a decision Joshua and I agreed upon after much talking....so...we'd be happy if you could trust us.
Cassius: Well if that's the case, then I won't say anything more. Go do whatever you want in that vast world out there.
Estelle: ....Okay!
Joshua: ....Yes, thank you!
Scherazard: You're both veterans now so I don't think I need to remind you of the little things. From now on, you two will have to judge for yourselves the things you need to learn and know. Train well your ability to judge people and things.
Joshua: Yes. We'll take your words to heart.
Aina: The environment for bracers is probably quite different inside and outside of Liberl...but the basic guidelines are the same. Just like we taught you guys.
Estelle: Okay, we'll try to remember what we learned when we're troubled.
Scherazard: Hehe, don't worry, you two will be fine. We're your teachers after all. Have confidence and go crazy out there.
Joshua: Schera-san, Aina-san... thank you very much for everything so far.
Estelle: Ehehe, we've been in your care so much I can't put into words.
Scherazard: Hehe, don't worry, don't worry~ Everything's for my cute little sister~
Stella: Estelle, remember not to drink unboiled water! Do your buttons properly! Brush your teeth before sleep! And um... what else...
Elger: H, hey, Stella. Estelle's not a kid anymore, you don't have to be so worried....
Stella: Listen up, Estelle. If you don't do things properly.... AUNTIE WILL COME HAUNT YOU IN YOUR DREAMS!!
Joshua: Hahaha.....somehow that doesn't seem like a joke.
Estelle: I, I'll be extra careful.
Elger: Joshua, we're leaving Estelle to you. Also, there's always a spot open for a part-timer at the store...You get what I'm saying? Be sure to come back!
Joshua: I understand....Uncle, auntie, please take care.
Elisa: Sob, sob....uuuh~~ Estelle~ Don't forget about us~
Tio: Ahh, come on... don't cry, don't cry.
Estelle: Ha, haha.... once we find a place to stay, I'll send you a letter. Tio...please take care of Elisa.
Tio: Of course~ And you too, Estelle...be sure to get a tight hold on Joshua.
Joshua: Eh...?
Estelle: Ehehe, thanks for the warning.
Will: Brother Joshua, sister Estelle...!
Chel: J, Joshua....uuuh...sob...sob..
Frantz: Oh, what's this? Our twins look like they're about to cry too.
Hannah: I guess it can't be helped. You two have been taking care of them ever since they were babies.
Estelle: Ahaha, I guess we practically went there to play everyday.
Joshua: Uncle, auntie, Will and Chel....please take care.
Will: Yu...yup!
Chel: Joshuuaaa....

Chime of the air-liner sounds.

Announcer: Air-liner <Cecilia> heading in the direction of Bose will be taking off shortly. All customers boarding the flight, please make haste.
Scherazard: Oh my, looks like it's about time.
Mayor Klaus: This is goodbye then, both of you.
Estelle:....Yeah.
Joshua: Please take care yourself, Mayor Klaus.

Estelle starts to cross the bridge.

Cassius:...Joshua.
Estelle: ?

Joshua stops and Estelle also turns around.

Cassius: Have you made up your mind?
Joshua:....Yes. Dad, I...want to be Joshua Bright. And for that purpose, I'm going to travel around the continent.

Joshua turns to face Cassius.

Joshua: How to remain as I am now, I think that is something I need to work hard to grasp myself. That's right, I need to have that kind of hope. Because I want to stay here as Joshua Bright. Beside Estelle and Dad, surrounded by the people in this city. I want to live in this warm world. And so that's why...I want to see and confirm for myself once again the path I should walk on.
Cassius: ...Is that right? Hehe, you're looking a little better now.
Joshua: Haha...thank you. That is the best praise I can receive.
Estelle: Ah seriously...geez, the guys in our house. They say things only they can understand, as usual.... Come on, Joshua. I'll leave you behind if you don't hurry?
Joshua: Alright alright.

Estelle and Joshua gets on the air-liner and turns to face everyone.

Estelle: Well then, see you everyone!
Luke: ...E, estelle! The next time we meet, I'll already be a bracer!
Estelle: Ahaha, that's something to look forward to~
Luke: Ah, I'm totally serious, you know!? I'll really become a bracer, just you wait!
Pat: Um...I'm also thinking of becoming a bracer! So...
Joshua: Don't worry, we'll be back.
Estelle: Luke, Pat, we'll be colleagues then the next time we meet. I'll be looking forward to it~
Luke: You bet!
Cassius: Estelle, Joshua...this place is your home....Don't ever forget that!
Joshua: Yes, Dad...
Estelle: We won't forget!

Estelle & Joshua: We're off!

The air-liner takes off from the ground. Luke and Pat can be seen running after it. And then, the air-liner soars into the sky.

<FIN>

30 comments:

  1. Thanks man , did you translated this until end ?, cause i want to know all story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah nope, haven't gotten around to it. Been working on other translations, but I'll finish this one day :)

      Delete
  2. are you have the dialog script on japanese this game ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup I have the scenario books for the sora trilogy

      Delete
    2. i want to try translate with my teacher, if you have scenario books with format .pdf or doc is really good. i want to help you , If you don`t mind.

      Delete
    3. I appreciate your offer to help with the translations but I don't have digital versions of the scenario book. They are all paperback books ^^;

      Delete
  3. Ah too bad, ok i will waiting your translations done, i hope you finish this, thanks bro ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the wait ^^; I know I start a lot of things and end up finishing them a long time later lol.... hopefully I'll get this one done sometime soon

      Delete
    2. gambatte kudasai

      Delete
  4. Thank you for finishing out this door! Closure of sorts after finishing SC.

    I wish blogspot had better ways to highlight updated posts though :l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll actually be letting people know about this on my Christmas update XD I was secretly working on this these past few days, but you got to read it first in this case hehehe It's not finished yet though, there's still a little bit left.

      Delete
  5. Have you finished translating this? Thank you for this! Just finished SC .. I wonder if XSEED will also localized the Third Chapter.. I've been watching some scenes in the third chapter even though I can't read japanese.. I just wanna know what happened to Estelle and Joshua u_u If it's not too much to ask, could you translate Joshua and Estelle's moments on the third chapter? Like that part on Grancel Castle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, this one is finished :) And you're welcome.
      There aren't *that* many Estelle/Joshua moments in 3rd since it's more Kevin's story, which part do you mean by Grancel Castle? Do you have a video of the scene?

      Delete
    2. Aww, I was hoping to see more sweet moments of them :c Oh well xD I'm also curious about Kevin's past I think I've read somewhere that he has a dark past or something.
      Hmm the part when Joshua and Kloe were talking alone(I was SO curious on what they're talking about cuz Kloe was blushing XD) then Estelle came along and Kloe left the two. And at the end there's fireworks..
      https://youtu.be/-MEVC7ukmIM
      I've watched like 1/3 of the third chapter..and I'm really confused on what's going on.. Are they like going back to the past or something?

      Delete
    3. Yup Kevin's past is quite dark, 3rd's tone is dark in general :P but I won't spoil it for you, I feel like 3rd will get a localization sometime in the future.
      Ah, so you were talking about that Grancel castle event. I had an inkling but wasn't sure :P That's one of the doors in 3rd, it's like a celebration party held after the end of SC. Basically Kloe confessed to Joshua xD but in a teasing sort of way...

      3rd is kind of funny in its structure. The characters aren't going to the past, they got sucked into this illusion land called Phantasma. And in that land, they come across these "memory doors". Each of the memory doors deal with stories that happened, so one door may be about someone's past, or maybe a scene that SC doesn't show you, but happened, etc etc. For example, this translation is of the door that tells Estelle/Joshua's past and expands a little on what happened after SC. So you'll think they're going to the past, but they're not xD They're just viewing those memory doors.

      Delete
    4. Oh I can't wait for the 3rd Chapter :c I hope it won't take too long like the SC..
      Waa >//< I knew it she confessed xD Did Estelle heard Kloe's confession? :O
      So are you gonna try to translate it? If you're not busy that is :>

      Oh so that's what's going on. Thank you for explaining it to me. ^^
      Oh btw, are you living in Japan?
      I want to learn japanese so baaad T_T There's so many games I want to play. I only know how to read Hiragana, then I got lazy learning katakana and kanji. How long did it took you to learn japanese?

      Delete
    5. Kloe and Joshua went on to talk about different things after the confession so Estelle didn't hear :P Though Estelle did ask Joshua what they were talking about since she was kind of awkward near the end there haha
      I probably don't have the time to translate the scene, sorry to say ^^; I'm already kind of tied up trying to translate the ao no kiseki scenario summary while finding time to play my games.
      I'm not living in Japan, I've only been there a couple of times :)
      Haha, at least learn katakana :P kanji you can leave for another time. I started out Japanese when I was in high school, took it as my second language course. So I took a couple of years of Japanese courses, into my first two years of university. Afterwards, I've been studying on and off over the years. By "studying", I mean playing japanese games lol... My first ever japanese import game was Tales of Symphonia for the PS2 ^^ With a dictionary in hand, I managed to finish playing/reading that game in 150 hours lol. It gets a lot easier with time.

      Delete
    6. Ohh it's alright, I understand ^^
      Then I'll start learning katakana now :> Haha thanks for the info~

      Delete
    7. Omg kloe confessed!? :O
      What did joshua said? Waa my curiosity is killing me. I want to play the third so baaad D:

      Delete
    8. Haha yeah confessed, but in the past tense :P
      Joshua didn't know how to react because it took him by surprise, but he thanks her for her feelings. Kloe asks him if they'd have a chance together if she had met Joshua first before Estelle. But Joshua said something like probably not. It's a Kloe scene, but it's also secretly a Estelle x Joshua scene haha.

      Delete
    9. Hi~
      I just finished learning katakana :D It was harder than I thought it would be xD I can write/read hiragana well but in katakana I always mixed them up :c
      Can you recommend me a visual novel, light novel or manga with furigana? Something easy to understand.

      Delete
    10. Uwaa can't wait for 3rd, zero and ao. Oh how I wish I could read japanese :(

      Delete
    11. Danz> Hello, welcome back xD That's fast, you already learned katakana! Congrats! *throws confetti* It's okay to get them mixed up in the beginning, you're just not used to seeing them yet. I was like that too when I first started learning. Now is just to practice ^^ The more you see those characters, the more it'll become like second nature and you won't even have to think to recognize them.
      Hm I think visual novels or light novels might be a bit difficult for you right now since all of those use kanji quite frequently. Maybe find a manga that interests you and try those first? Ones like Doraemon, Crayon Shin-chan, Yotsubato!, or Chibi Maruko-chan should be easy reads, they're mostly furigana and have readings for kanji. Or if you're interested in playing japanese games, you can try any of the zelda games. The more recent ones, like Windwaker, have furigana readings on top of the kanji. Or any of the classic Dragon Quest games, those are easier for japanese beginners.

      Rina> Start now! It's never too late to learn a language ^^

      Delete
    12. Oh okay! :D Thanks for the tip..I'll try a manga then ^o^
      Arigatou gozaimasu~

      Delete
  6. Thank you for translating this! :D
    I just finished SC. Ohh the feeels I need more estellexjoshua moments xD Hoping they'll release 3rd soon T.T I'm glad I found your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for your kind words ^^ it gives me encouragement whenever someone is happy to find these translations
      and I really hope 3rd comes out soon in English too, it really is a great game, Kevin x Ries is my other fav pairing heh.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for translating this scene! Really great and adds on to what we saw in SC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, you are awesome. So good :P

    ReplyDelete