Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sen no Kiseki Chapter 1 (Part 2)


Note: Only covers the main scenario.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In front of the Student Building.

Rean: (I guess this is the Student Building.  The student cafeteria is on the first floor... so where would the student council office be....?)
Voice: Yo, junior-kun.

Rean: Um...?
Guy with Bandana: Thanks for your hard work.  It's been half a month since school started, so how's everything?
Rean: Ah, yes... (Looks like he's an upperclassman) -- To tell the truth, it's hard but I'm trying my best. Though I guess it'll make my head spin once the classes and curriculum start going in full force.
Guy with Bandana: Haha, so you know.  Especially since your class is special in various ways. Well, relax now while you can.
Rean: O..okay..... Um, you're a senior right? Is it okay if I ask for your name?
Guy with Bandana: Now now, don't be so hasty. First, let me show you an interesting magic trick as a sign of our acquaintance.
Rean: Magic trick...?
Guy with Bandana: Hm-- right.  Lend me a 50 mira coin?
Rean: O, okay. (I should have one....)

Rean hands a 50 mira coin over.

Guy with Bandana: Oh, thanks! Well then-- look closely.
Rean: Eh....

The coin is tossed into the air.

Rean: (................)

Guy with Bandana: -- Okay, now here's a question. Where's the coin? Left or right?
Rean: That's....

Choosing whichever hand.

Guy with Bandana: That's too bad, wrong guess.
Rean: .... guess I was wrong. I actually had quite a bit of confidence in my motion perception. Wait, huh? So when you said magic trick---
Guy with Bandana: I meant this.

The coin is in neither one of the hands.

Rean: Eh.
Guy with Bandana: Hehe, well, continue working hard at your current pace. And try your best in persisting through Sara's gruel training. -- Ah right right.  If you're looking for the student council office, it's on the second floor. See ya, have a great weekend.

The guy walks away as Rean realizes something....

Rean: Ah, my 50 mira... (Sigh, I've been completely had. And somehow he knew I was heading to the student council office. Looks like the second years are also full of peculiar people. -- Well whatever.  So the student council office is on the second floor.  Looks like it'll be open till late so maybe I should take a look around the campus first.)

In front of the Student Council office door.

Rean: (Looks like this is the place. Seems like someone's inside...)

Rean knocks the door.

Girl's Voice: Yes yes~ The door's not locked so please come right in.
Rean: (Huh, this voice...) Yes, sorry for the intrusion.

Rean: Ah... you're the one from that time.
Small-framed Girl: Ehehe, it's been 2 weeks. Welcome to the Student Council office. Rean Schwarzer-kun. You came on an errand for Instructor Sara right?
Rean: Y, yes. Are you a member of the Student Council? (Did she skip a grade....? Looking at her again, she seems even younger than Fie...)
Small-framed Girl: ??? Is something the matter?
Rean: No, that's, um, you are a second year right?
Small-framed Girl: Ahaha, you don't have to be so formal~ I'm the Student Council president of this school. My name is Towa Herschel. Nice to meet you, Rean-kun ^^
Rean: S, STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT!?
Towa: ? Um, yes that's right? I believe I'll have lots of chances to be involved with you new students going forward.  So if you're having trouble or need consultation, please do come by the student council office okay? We'll support you to our utmost!
Rean: Y, yes....thank you. (It's hard to believe, but looks like its real....)... Ahem. So about Instructor Sara's errand... think it's something in your care that's related to us <<Class VII>>?
Towa: Ah, yes yes. Hold on...

Towa takes out something from her desk.

Towa: Here, take them. The one on the very top is Rean-kun's.
Rean: This is... Student Notebook -- ah right, we haven't received them yet.
Towa: Sorry, <<Class VII>>'s curriculum is kind of different from the other classes.... and your <<Tactical Orbments>> are different from the norm as well, so we had to special order them.
Rean: Tactical Orbments... you're talking about the ARCUS right?
Towa: Right, the instruction manual for the Tactical Orbments is also included in the Student Notebook.  The other first years are using standard Tactical Orbments so their Notebook layout is the same as the previous years. But since your class is using custom-made ones, the instruction manual needed lots of changes so it took a bit more time.
Rean: Is that so.....huh wait, could it be that you're also responsible for the editing?
Towa: Yup, it's a request from Instructor Sara. Sorry~? It took a while.
Rean: No, no such thing! Rather I'm feeling sorry.... To begin with, is that even a part of the student council's duties? I feel like it's clearly something the Instructors should be taking care of....
Towa: Hmm, well Instructor Sara's always busy...and I also help the other Instructors with their work, so it feels like it's too late for that?
Rean: (What an outrageously nice person...) -- Um, so about these Student Handbooks, I just need to hand them to the others in <<Class VII>>?
Towa: Yup, thanks.  Hmm, but even though Rean-kun's also a first year, I'm impressed.
Rean: ........? Um, about what?
Towa: Ehehe, I heard it straight from Instructor Sara. Whatever the job, you'll be helping with the student council duties right? Yup yup, as expected of the new <<Class VII>>.
Rean: Um...what are you talking about?
Towa: ? Huh? You'll be helping us with any student council duties we can't deal with right? To improve oneself in order to become a student befitting the name of the "Special Class", something like that-- Instructor Sara told me to send some work your way since everyone's so full of enthusiasm....
Rean: .......................

Instructor Sara: --Well then, I leave it to you ❤

Rean: (So that's what that "❤" is for...)
Towa: Could it be that I got the wrong idea....? Did I just force some unreasonable task onto the new students of this school....!?
Rean: (Uh.....) No, um, it's exactly as Instructor Sara said.  You look to be quite busy, so please don't hesitate to send some work our way.
Towa: Is that right.... that gave me a scare. Ehehe, but don't worry, I won't send anything too difficult. Hm, I think most of them will be "requests" from people in town or the academy.
Rean: "Requests"... you say?
Towa: Yup, I guess you can think of them as suggestions or help requests sent to the Student Council.  I'll have them collected and organized within today and have it put into your dormitory mail box by tomorrow morning. Is it okay if I put it in your mail box?
Rean: Yes, please.

Rean exits the Student Building.

Rean: Ah the sun's already down..... Sigh, but this is troublesome. In the end, I even got treated to dinner at the school cafeteria by President Towa. She said she still has some student council work left to do...

Rean's ARCUS rings.

Rean: Um... this is Rean Schwarzer.
Instructor Sara: Guten Tag. My dearest pupil.  Looks like you've been treated to dinner by the President?
Rean: ....And you made such a sneak attack on that dearest pupil of yours. What is it that you are planning?
Instructor Sara: I can't give you the details, but it's also a bit related to the "curriculum" I'll be telling you guys next week.  I just wanted to get someone to do a rehearsal of it first.  And it's true that the student council is quite busy, so wouldn't you say it's like killing two birds with one stone?
Rean: I get the feeling that the increase in the President's workload is because of the Instructors... But anyway, I understand your point. I just have to help out with student council work during the Free Activity Day tomorrow right?
Instructor Sara: It's entirely up to your own discretion. If you're already planning on joining a particular club, I won't force you.
Rean: No, nothing comes to mind yet so there's no problem. But-- just one question. Why did you choose "me"?
Instructor Sara: ..................
Rean: The Class President is Emma, and vice Class President is Machias right? And if you go by social status, you have Jusis and Laura who are of proper noble birth-- so then, why is it me?
Instructor Sara: Hehe... That's because you can be said to be the "core" of the class.
Rean: Eh...
Instructor Sara: Not the "center", but the "core". In this situation in which there is a noble and commoner in opposition, and even a student from abroad, your existence is in a way "special".  You can't deny that right?
Rean: That's.................
Instructor Sara: And so, I decided to begin working on that "core" first.  In order to take a good look at how this first experiment called <<Class VII>> will fare in the future. That's the reason.
Rean: ..............
Instructor Sara: *gulp* *gulp*
Rean: ....By the way Instructor.  Just what are you drinking? ^^
Instructor Sara: It's beer, beer! Even though it's the weekends, I'm here all alone in my room drinking by myself! Isn't that obvious~! Seriously, if only I knew some dandy and nice old man, I'd be out drinking with him.
Rean: Um......
Instructor Sara: -- Well, don't think about it too much and just give it a try first? You seem to be in a bit of a hurry to search for "something".... but if you don't take the leap first, you won't be able to find your "place" you know?
Rean: !
Instructor Sara: Hehe, well then laters! Be sure to return to the dormitory before curfew okay~?

Connection is cut off.

Rean: My "place" huh........... That's right--maybe I should try making a move first and see.

< to be continued >


No comments:

Post a Comment