Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sen no Kiseki Prologue (Part 1)




Note: Only covers the main scenario.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Septian Calendar Year 1204
August 31st
Erebonian Empire Easternmost Point
Garelia Fortress - Military Maneuvering Ground

Imperial Army Garrison Troop A: This is bad! We can't hold out much longer!
Imperial Army Garrison Troop B: Why has it come to this... just who is controlling them!?
Imperial Army Garrison Troop A: Contact the 4th Armour Division! Call for General Craig's assistance!

Rean: Eh...!?
Alisa: This is...!?
Emma: Just what in the world...
Gaius: ... Brutal.
Fie: Smell of gunpowder residue... gunpowder was used?
Lieutenant Neithardt: ... Looks like we've been completely fooled. Including the tanks that went haywire, is all of it a diversion?
Sara: Yes, as expected, they are after the two <<Railway Cannons>> -- they are probably serious about targeting Crossbell's Trade Conference.
Eliot: But that's...
Machias: Damn, seriously..!?
Jusis: ... In other words, they're after Iron-Blood Prime Minister's head.
Laura: How stupid... to resort to this kind of reckless action.
Rean: ....... There's no time. Please let us assist as well.  Before they start-up the <<Railway Cannon>>, we must do whatever it takes to stop them.
Alisa: Rean...
Eliot: That, that's right..! We should also do our best...!
Machias: Yeah..! We can't overlook this sort of reckless action!
Sara: Well, well, looks like there's no use stopping you guys.  Rean and Team A, follow me! Team B is to follow the lieutenant's orders!
Lieutenant Neithardt: Our two teams will go separate ways to secure the two Railway Cannons on the left and right wings. This is not a simulation - this is actual combat!  Take care to be extra careful!
Rean: Understood!
-- Thors Military Academy, special class <Class VII>... Our mission is to stop the Railway Cannons.  From here on, we start our mission.  This is the time to show them the fruit of our trainings.  Let's support the instructors with all we've got!
Everyone: Yeah!!

Sara: Looks like they've come.
Rean: !!
Emma: Those things that appeared during our special field training...
Laura: The mechanical beasts...!
Sara: Save the talk for later!  Let's quickly finish them off!
Rean: Understood!

Rean: No doubt about it.... they are the same type of monsters.
Jusis: It appears they've been released in mass quantities throughout the fortress... They most likely assaulted those soldiers back there too.
Emma: ...Yes...
Gaius:  <<Overmuppet>>....
Laura: Instructor mentioned it before... but is that really their name?
Sara: Yeah, disposable and troublesome weapons created by a certain group of people. Let's move with speed and caution!
Everyone: Understood!

Jusis: This place is...
Emma: <<Garelia Canyon>>... the border between Crossbell State and Erebonia.
Rean: Ah...!
Laura: That's the...
Gaius: Railway Cannon...!?
Jusis: ... What size...
Sara: Damn, the start-up is too fast...! Don't tell me they're planning to fire it point-blank...!?
Rean: Instructor Sara!
Jusis: Damn, are even these kind of things put into practical use!?
Sara: How annoying, at a busy time like this! All of you! Let's crush these things quickly!
Rean: Understood!
Laura: Beginning suppression...!

Emma: Ahh...!!?
Jusis: They even self-destruct...!
Sara: Time is precious!  I'll go on ahead first! You guys, stay cautious and follow... ---- !
Rean: !?
Gaius: The Railway Cannon is...!
Sara: Damn!
Rean: ... No don't.... STOP!!!!

*screen turns black, and then sound of a blast*

< to be continued >


16 comments:

  1. Thank you !
    I dont' speak in Japanese and your translation is a blessing.
    Good work, I support you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome~ and I'm glad that the translations are of help to you ^^

      Delete
  2. Hey there man.. please continue translating the rest of the chapter. I'll be following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there thanks for the support ^^ I don't know how long I'll be able to continue with the Sen chapters... but at least for now I'm not stopping yet, so I guess that's a good thing? in any case, I won't be translating them that fast because I know I'll get burned-out if I translate only that all the time. I like to mix it up a bit hehe

      Delete
  3. Its fine. I'll be patiently waiting. If its too much work for you, I'd appreciate it if you can narrate it so it wont take much of your time. Cheers foe good work thou. I am already at the chapter where i met yushisu's brother. I can barely read kanjo so your translations really help me a lot to fully understand the strory. Thanks for your hardwork. ^_^/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh nice you're playing the game right now ^^ it'll take a while till I get to that part you're at haha, that's chapter 2 if I remember correctly? anyway, about the translations, I want to at least finish up chapter 1 the way it is right now first before I think about chapter 2 and onward. I may end up narrating it, like give a summary of important events in each chapter or something. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I'll think about that later :P

      Delete
  4. Yes im playing it now while tuning in to your blog. Okay then illwait. Im still bleeding in reading kanji thou i kinda get the grasp of the story even if i really cant understand all of the conversations. Narration will do bro. Right now im at the chapter where yushisu was called off the day after he opened up with Rean about his parents. Keep up the good work bro. Im rooting on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah kanji seem to be the hard part for most people, especially since Kiseki games use a lot of difficult kanji. And by the way, if you don't understand a certain plot point, can always just ask here. I still remember most of the detail since I played through the game 3 times XD

      Delete
  5. Really, then I'll be counting on you. Actually I do plan to play it atleast twice the second for nightmare mode. I can easily understand nihonggo for parts that have voice, as in the begining of the game. But later on the voice acting became less as you go deeper in the story nakibg me harder to understand xD i can hear and understand but can only read few. Okay then, do you happen to have a facebook account or any means where i can contact you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ic, I'm like the complete opposite of you, I can easily understand if it's written, but listening I can only get like 50%. Do you go online on your PSN often? Gimme your PSN ID, I'll add you :) Facebook I don't use much even though I have one.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I just found your blog today, and see that your doing a translation of Sen No Kiseki. You're really amazing for doing this, I don't know when will Xseed can localize all of the Kiseki games (I freakin can't wait for SC!). Well, I just wanted say thanks for your hard work man. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a message~ ^^ and you're welcome for the translations (though I have no idea how long I'll keep this up haha, don' know if you can tell, but I tend to skip around a lot between different Kiseki games with these translations...)
      And yea SC is great! Definitely worth the wait :) It's my second fav Kiseki game after Ao no Kiseki

      Delete
  7. Just found your blog and I love it! I don't speak Japanese and this site helps soon much. You seem to be the only one translating a as well as 3rd. I playing 3rd right now and can't wait to get to zero and ao. Thank you so much for ta, ING the time ever to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are awesome! I couldn't find anyone who was translating 3rd or ao. Thank you for all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete