Monday, January 20, 2014

Sen no Kiseki Prologue (Part 6)


Note: Only covers the main scenario. Added in some descriptive text ^^

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Inside the dungeon.  After their first battle.

Eliot: Uhh.... are there a bunch of other monsters like that roaming around here...
Gaius: I feel their presences... no doubt about it.
Rean: Anyway, let's move slowly.

Gaius: That device is...
Rean: That is... an Orbal restoration device.
Eliot: If we find ourselves in a dangerous situation, it'll be good to rest here.
Rean: Yeah, let's not push ourselves too hard and return here when the situation calls for it.

Gaius: That monster... looks like physical attacks won't be effective.
Rean: You're right, let's use our Arts as much as possible against those types of enemies.
Eliot: Okay, got it. And by the way, this Orbal Staff has the same effect as using Arts without the need for cast time. So I think my normal attacks will also be effective against those type of monsters.
Rean: Is that right? That's reassuring.
Gaius: We're counting on you then.
Eliot: Ahaha... yeah, I'll try my best.

Rean: Insect-type monsters... Their armor is quite hard, looks like this will be difficult.
Gaius: Yes, it's best we engage it when we're ready.
Eliot: Arts and Crafts... we should try out different things.

After the battle with the beetles.

Eliot: Haaaaaa~~..........
Rean: Eliot, are you okay?
Gaius: He doesn't look to be hurt...
Eliot: Y, yeah... looks like I'm just feeling relief after all the tension I've built up.... you two are amazing. You guys look perfectly fine...
Gaius: Well, we're probably just used to battle.
Rean: Do you want me to lend you a hand?
Eliot: No, it's fine. I just staggered a bit. There we go...
Gaius: W, watch out!
Rean: Eliot!
Eliot: Eh?

A monster appears behind Eliot.

Eliot: .....!?
Gaius: Tch....!
Rean: Not good....!

Just as the monster launches itself towards Eliot, a gunshot can be heard.  Rean runs toward the monster now shot to the ground and delivers a final blow.

Guy's Voice: ...What a relief. Looks like it made it in time.
Eliot: Ah...!
Gaius: If I remember correctly -- you said you're Machias right?
Machias: Yes...um... I think my action before was a bit rash. No matter how much of an arrogant noble the other party was, I shouldn't have lost my composure. I'm sorry, please let me apologize.
Rean: No... don't worry about it.
Eliot: Yeah that's right, it was that kind of a situation.  Thanks for saving me.
Machias: It's nothing, it's good that I happen to meet you all on my way back. It looks there are only 3 members in your team...?
Rean: Yeah, I think the other members are already far ahead.
Gaius: You probably won't find anyone even if you return to the starting point.
Machias: Is that so...um, if it's okay, can I join you guys? As you can see, I can use the gun so I should be of some help.
Rean: Of course, gladly. I'm Rean Schwarzer.
Eliot: I'm Eliot Craig. Nice to meet you.
Gaius: Gaius Worzel.  Pleased to meet you.
Machias: I'm Machias Regnitz. Pleased to meet you all.  Oh and by the way, would you guys mind if I ask about your social statuses? That is...it's not that I harbor any ill feelings... but just in case, I think it's good to keep in mind whether the other person is a noble or not.
Eliot: Um... I'm from a commoner's family.
Gaius: Same-- social rankings don't exist in my homeland in the first place.
Machias: I see, so you're from abroad. And... what about you?
Rean: Ah... -- at the very least I don't have noble blood running in me. In that sense, I guess I'm the same with everyone.
Eliot: (.......?)
Machias: Is that so... I'm relieved.  It also looks like we don't have female members here, best if we hurry.  In case they run into trouble, we have to back them up.
Rean: Yeah, you're right.
Gaius: Well then, shall we go?

Going further into the dungeon, they meet the girls.

Girl's Voice: You guys are...
Blonde-haired Girl: ......!
Rean: Ah...
Eliot: That's great, looks like you're all safe.
Girl with Glasses: It's great that you're all safe too.
Blue-haired Girl: Hm... looks like that guy over there calmed down a little?
Machias: Uh..yes, thanks for your concern.

Blue-haired Girl: -- It's late but let me give you my name. Laura S. Arseid. I'm from Legram. Pleased to meet you all.
Rean: Legram...
Eliot: Um.. is that the place located in the southeastern outskirts?
Laura: Yes, it's an old-fashioned town by the side of a lake. It's not an overstatement to say that it's a remote region even though the train does pass through there.
Machias: ! Arseid... I see, I remember now! Isn't that the name of the Viscount family that governs Legram!?
Blue-haired Girl: Yes, my father is the master of that house... is there a problem?
Machias: N, no......
Laura: Hm... Machias or something. I don't care about the way you think, but up till now, I have lived my life bringing no shame to the Goddess. Me.. -- and most likely my father as well.
Machias: Ah, no... I'm sorry. I wasn't implying anything. W, what about you...?
Girl with Glasses: I'm Emma.  Emma Millstein.  I'm also from a remote region... I enrolled in this school with the scholarship money. Nice to meet you all.
Machias: Scholarship money... now that you mentioned it, the Instructor did say something about you being the top student.  I didn't expect the top student to be a girl...
Gaius: Hm, you're quite talented then?
Emma: Ahaha... I was just lucky. Even though martial arts is a required course, I have no luck with that. In the end, they recommended this weapon to me.
Eliot: Orbal Staff... so it's the same for you!  But the shape is somewhat different from the one I'm holding....
Emma: That seems to be the case... I wonder why.
Blonde-haired Girl: ..............
Rean: (... Sigh... I want to apologize somehow but....)
Laura: ? What's wrong? Won't it be best if you also do a self-introduction?
Blonde-haired Girl: .............. You're right. -- Alisa R. I come from Roer City. There is someone I don't want to greet, but well, for everyone else, pleased to meet you all.
Everyone: *sweat drop*
Emma: Alisa-san...
Eliot: Ahaha... but you said Roer, it's that Roer right?
Machias: The city where the continent's largest heavy industry maker Reinford's main office is located right?
Alisa: Yeah... well, that's right.
Rean: Speaking of... is that bow the thing inside your trunk? It has an interesting design, is it orbal?
Alisa: -- That is correct but what does that have to do with you?
Rean: ... Uhh....
Eliot: B, by the way, what are we going to do next? Since we're able to meet-up like this, why don't we move together?
Machias: Yeah, and since you're all girls, for safety's sake--
Laura: No, there is cause to worry.

Laura takes out her weapon.

Machias: That is...
Laura: I have some confidence in my sword.  It's probably best that we separate into two teams in order to find the remaining two people.
Emma: That's right... we still haven't found that silver-haired girl.
Gaius: ...If that's the case, then let's move separately. We'll each search for them as we head for the exit... Is that okay?
Laura: Yeah, I have no objections. -- Alisa, Emma, shall we go then?
Alisa: ... Right.
Emma: See you all later.... well then please excuse us.

The girls walk off.

Rean: .......Haaaa.......
Eliot: Um... my condolences.
Machias: Even though it was an inevitability, right now it probably doesn't matter much. -- Anyway, putting that aside, as expected I'm still worried for the girls.  Maybe it's best if at least one of us go over to the other team.
Gaius: But that Laura girl... From what I see, her skills seem to be quite exceptional.
Machias: Well, it's true that she's holding an outrageous sword but.... that's still a girl's strength?
Eliot: She's taller than me, but is she able to swing that kind of sword properly?
Rean: Probably with ease.  Legram's <<Arseid Sword Style>> --- the headquarters of knight swordsmanship handed down in the Empire. Her father, Viscount Arseid, is called the <<Sword Artisan of Light>> in the world of martial arts, and is known as the best swordsman in the Empire. She's most likely the strongest among the new students... there shouldn't be anyone able to defeat her.
Machias: Is that so...
Gaius: Hm... so that kind of style exists in the Empire.
Eliot: Wow... you're quite well-informed, Rean.
Rean: Well, I may not be much, but I'm still someone pursuing the path of the sword. -- It's about time we get going too. Not only the son of the Albarea family, but I'm also worried about that silver-haired girl.
Gaius: You're right.
Machias: Hmph, as if I care what happens to that arrogant guy....
Eliot: Ahaha, now, now.

< to be continued >

No comments:

Post a Comment