Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sen no Kiseki Chapter 1 (Part 1)


Note: Only covers the main scenario.  Looking at the script size for this chapter, I'm going to be doing this really slowly ^^;

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

S. 1204 April 17th Saturday

The 3rd Student Dormitory. Inside Rean's room.  Rean stands in front of the mirror.

Rean: Okay....

He notices the photo placed on top of the shelf.  It's his family photo.

Rean: ....... --I'm off.

The moment he steps out of his room, a voice calls out to him.

Eliot: Ah, Rean!
Rean: Morning, Eliot.
Eliot: Ehehe, morning.  You're heading to school right? It's kind of a rare chance, why don't we go together?
Rean: Sure.  We don't have much time, so let's hurry.
Eliot: Yeah, you're right. The others.... have they all gone out already?
Rean: Yeah... I no longer feel any human presence on this floor.  Gaius wakes up quite early, so he probably left a while ago.
Eliot: Is that so. (Presence... just how do you feel something like that?)

Rean and Eliots heads down the stairs.  They spot Alisa and Emma near the front door.

Rean: Ah.....
Alisa: ! .........
Emma: Rean-san and Eliot-san.  Good morning.
Rean: Ah, yes... morning.
Eliot: Morning. Alisa, Class President.  Are you two on your way to school?
Alisa: Y, yeah.. that's right. -- Emma. There's not much time, let's go.
Emma: W, wait Alisa-san....  Well then, see you two in class.

Rean: ....Sigh...
Eliot: Haha, looks like it's taking longer than I thought. Hmm, I think she also understands that "it" was an inevitability... and she doesn't really look to be the type to hold grudges?
Rean: That's what I thought too but... even if I want to formally apologize to her, she doesn't even give me the chance.
Eliot: Well, if you keep on expressing your sincerity, I think she'll come to understand?  Our class is already full of tension from "another problem".... so at the very least you two should reconcile.
Rean: ...I'll try my best.

On their way to the school.

Eliot: But these two weeks... it kind of just flew by. I was prepared for the combat training, but I wasn't expecting the regular classes to be so difficult too.
Rean: Well, it's the Empire's ethos to be accomplished in both the literary and military arts... I'll probably even have trouble keeping up if I don't do my previews before class.
Eliot: Ahh.. so it's the same for Rean.  I envy the Class President and Machias... they both look really smart. The Class President got the top score on the entrance exam, and Machias got second right?
Rean: Looks like it.  Jusis and Alisa's scores were quite good too.  Seems like Laura and Gaius also got into the top ranks.
Eliot: Is that so... I have to try harder.  But still.... is it really okay?
Rean: What is?
Eliot: Um, Jusis and Laura.  We're somehow able to talk normally, but both of them are still nobles after all.... Especially Jusis, his family governs the eastern regions of the Empire.
Rean: Well, they said they don't mind so there's no need for you to be concerned.  Although I don't think it's good to be like Machias, always ready for a fight.
Eliot: You're right... It seems like they're on increasingly bad terms with each other after that day.... The atmosphere turns all tense when those two are in the same room.
Rean: Jusis is being needlessly provocative as well... it's probably not that easy to make them be friends.
Eliot: Y, you're right. If only there's something we can do to help...

They pass by the 2nd Student Dormitory.

Eliot: The <<2nd Student Dormitory>> where the commoner students live.... We'd originally be living in there right?
Rean: Ah, yeah, probably.  Still, I didn't think that <<Class VII>> would even get their own separate dormitory.  Looks like they deliberately refurbished a vacant house just for us.
Eliot: Well, it's got an nice atmosphere and also quite pretty. It's a bit far from the school though.  I guess there is the good and the bad.

Arrogant Voice: --You guys are in my way, move it.
Eliot: Ah...

Three male students in white uniform appear.

Arrogant Guy: Hmph... if it isn't the guys from <<Class VII>>.
Rean: ....?
Eliot: U, um...?
Arrogant Guy: Hmph... just a group of mish-mash after all. --Let's go, you two.
Noble Student A: Yes, Patrick-san!
Noble Student B: Anyway, know your places.

The three students in white walk off.

Eliot: Sigh... are they from the noble class? As expected, I get quite nervous.
Rean: Well, speaking of nobles, those people just now are the norm. I think Laura and Jusis are rather easier to talk to?
Eliot: Ahaha, you're probably right.  So that building over there is the noble students' <<1st Student Dormitory>>... according to the rumors, it's extremely luxurious and they even have maids and butlers.
Rean: Ohh is that so?

The school bell chimes.

Rean: That's the warning bell.  Let's hurry?
Eliot: Yeah let's go.  Ah, right right.  Have you decided on which club you're going to join? Although it looks like it's okay if you don't join any...
Rean: Not yet.  To tell the truth, it's hard to decide...

In the classroom.

Emma: All stand---Bow.  Sit down.
Instructor Thomas: --As you all know, the Erebonian Empire faced a national crisis in the past. That crisis is the <<Lion War>> which happened 250 years ago.  It was a civil war spanning several years which broke out as a result of several strong candidates fighting for the throne after the Emperor of the time died. Well, if you live in the Empire, it's an anecdote that even small children know. The civil war was dragged on for a long period of time, and even influential nobles from all over the nation became involved. It became a very dire situation.  Amidst all that, mercenaries became bandits, and even knights began to engage in acts of pillaging. -- The lands were wasted and human hearts were in disarray.  In order to put an end to the war which continued to show no concerns for its people, one wandering prince from the frontier raised his banner. Dreichels Reise Arnor. The 73rd Erebonian Emperor, also known as the ancestor who restored the Empire, the <<Lion Heart Emperor>>.  He's also the founder of this military academy. --By the way, at the time he first raised his army, the Dreichels Army was very few in numbers. But he was able to capture people's hearts and with the help of sensible and powerful figures turned it into a formidable force.
So, about that frontier where Prince Dreichels first raised his army... Rean Schwarzer-kun.  Do you know the name of the place?
Rean: (The frontier where Emperor Dreichels first raised his army, it should be--)

Choosing Nord Highlands from the list.

Rean: <<Nord Highlands>>--- the plateau found in the northeastern region of the Empire.
Instructor Thomas: Ohh, you know your history. At the time, Prince Dreichels came to live with the nomads in the foreign land of Nord at the end of his wandering days.  And when he heard of the civil war happening in the Empire, he raised his army with their help.
Rean: (Good, looks like that was the correct answer.)

Alisa has written the answer to the question on her notebook for Rean to see.

Alisa: (...What. Looks like he didn't need it.)

Homeroom.

Instructor Sara: -- Good work you guys. Classes are over for the day ❤ I believe I've already told you guys, but tomorrow is <<Free Activity Day>>.  Strictly speaking, it's not a day off but there will be no classes.  We leave it up to the students to decide their activities for the day. You can go on trip to the Imperial City, or if you like, you can even be like me and sleep through the entire day~
Everyone: *sweatdrops*
Emma: Um, will the school facilities be open to the students?
Machias: I'll be grateful if we can use the self-study space in the library...
Instructor Sara: Yes, those will generally be open to the students so don't worry. Also, most clubs will be doing activities during Free Activity Day, so it's best to ask around.
Gaius: ...I see.
Laura: Hm, guess I should check later.
Instructor Sara: -- And also about next week.  There will be a <<Practical Test>> on Wednesday.
Everyone: !
Rean: <<Practical Test>>...
Alisa: Just what kind of...?
Instructor Sara: Well, it's one part of combat training. You're going to be graded for it, so make sure to take care of your body. It also probably won't hurt to train a bit so you'll be in good shape.
Jusis: ...Hmph, interesting.
Eliot: Uh..... why do I have a bad feeling about this?
Fie: ....yawn ....
Instructor Sara:  --There's more.  After the Practical Test is over, there's an important part to the curriculum specific to <<Class VII>> that I'll need to explain.
Everyone: !
Machias: T, that is...
Rean: ........ (It's finally here.)
Instructor Sara: So, in that sense, I recommend that you spend your time tomorrow wisely. That's it for homeroom today. Vice Class President, do the greetings.
Machias: Y, yes. All stand---Bow.

After school.

Eliot: <<Practical Test>> huh.... I'm getting kind of depressed.  I can't even properly use the Orbal Staff yet...
Rean: If you're that worried, why don't we practice together? There appears to be a gymnasium, so if you're good then I'll accompany you.
Eliot: Ah, yeah... I'm really grateful but... actually I was planning to report in to my club later.
Rean: Oh you've already decided?  Which club is it?
Eliot: Ah, it's the Music Club. Looks like I'll be responsible for the violin.
Rean: Ohhh.. so you can play the violin? Do you play it as a hobby?
Eliot: Ehehe, something like that. Hey what about you Gaius? Have you decided which club you're going to join?
Gaius: Yeah, I'm thinking of joining the Art Club.
Rean and Eliot: !
Rean: The Art Club... that's kind of a surprise.
Eliot: Gaius, you draw and stuff?
Gaius: Back in my homeland, I used to draw from time to time as a pastime.  But it's mostly freestyle, so I'll be grateful if I can learn some proper techniques here.
Eliot: I see...
Rean: I sort of want to see.

Instructor Sara walks back into the classroom.

Instructor Sara: Good, you guys are still here.
Rean: Instructor Sara.
Eliot: Is something the matter?
Instructor Sara: Well no~~ but actually I need a favor from one of you.  I want you to go and retrieve something for me from the school's <<Student Council>>.
Eliot: Something you want to retrieve...?
Gaius: What is it?
Instructor Sara: Hehe, let's just say it's an item that you can't do without in your school life.  Anyone of you is fine, I just need you to bring it back for the whole class.
Rean: --In that case, I'll go. I just have to make a trip to the <<Student Council>> right?
Eliot: Eh, but...
Gaius: Is it okay?
Rean: Yeah.  You two are going to your clubs after this right? Since I haven't decided on mine, I'll take this opportunity to look around while I'm at it.
Eliot: Is that so... then I guess I'll leave it to you.
Gaius: Sorry for the trouble.
Instructor Sara: The student council room is located on the second floor of the <<Student Building>> next to ours. They don't close till late so it's fine if you make it your last stop. Well then, I leave it to you ❤
Rean: ? Okay....

< to be continued >

No comments:

Post a Comment